Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mad

I'm a little bit mad at my scale this AM.  192.  HARUMPH!  I call BULLSHIT!  UGH.  Normally, I try not to let the little scale fluctuations bug me too much, but this is annoying!  Even being sick, I tried really hard to be where I needed to be, but apparently my body isn't happy.  Being sick messes me up so bad.  Especially when it is tummy issues.  :(  Now I'm feeling upset and irritated.  Even annoyed, I went ahead and had a normal breakfast which today, was 2 blueberry poptarts and black coffee.  I don't know why it sounded good, but it did.  Weird.  I normally have an English Muffin or oatmeal or something.  But if it sounds good, that's what I have.  If I don't, I end up having freaky cravings later.  I guess that is why I love calorie counting... I can have whatever I want and just watch my portions.  I am thinking of having a burrito for lunch.  I got these new 'Flat Out' wraps and I was thinking of having some lettuce, scrambled eggs, salsa and sour cream.  And since I made it to the store yesterday, a side of fruit!  WOOT!  That just sounds so good!  But I guess that isn't really a burrito... just a wrap.  But still... nummy!

Anyways, I'm going to try not to let the high number bug me too much.  I am hopeful that from where my tummy was off and I literally ate mostly soup that it's just from too much sodium.  I actually had soup 3 times in the last 2 days and you know how much sodium is in chicken soup unless you buy the low sodium or make it from scratch.  So, I am hoping that it was only that.  Otherwise, I may have a small cow... or a large cow.... I guess we will see.  I just don't think I can handle another swing in the opposite direction of where I am trying to travel.  I would step away from the scale for a bit, but I've done that before and I know that it's a bad road for me.  I tend to start sliding and not start making traction again until I start weighing daily.  So, I'm just going to suck it up and go on.  It's only Tuesday, and I was only sick Sunday.  No point in panicking and being stupid. 

Hubby starts his time off tomorrow but it won't be his 7 day.  He is switching shifts.  BAH HUMBUG.  Not that it's a huge change, it's just that I HATE the way they deal with things.  But whatever.  Life goes on.  I am HOPING we can get a few things done.  I'm not sure WHAT.... but something.  But we may take it easy.  I guess we will see...  UGH.  I hate feeling like everything is up in the air, but that is how I feel these days.  I'm not sure if that is good or not.  Most of our lives are so patterned that it seems as if the finishing of the house has become a spontaneous thing.  Which really seems to work out most of the time, but I am just so ready to be done.  I guess I need to get off of here and get to it.  There are a few things I could be doing myself if I would just do it.  So, I think I'm going to do that.

Ok.  Off I go!  Going to attempt to work on a couple of projects and drink water.  :) 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the scale! I've had weeks like that where it just won't budge! Don't let that be the only thing you track your progress! I love non-scale victories as well.

    I hope you have a wonderful week. I hate when my bf's schedule affects my routine so I get the annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jewelz!!!!!!! I understand the frustration. You will get there again! Have you ever thought about going gluten free? I know that is such a fad right now,and most people who do it don't have celiacs disease. I remember from prior posts,that it is generally bread that makes you feel yucky sometimes. Or am
    I wrong? Lol maybe try taking out gluten for a
    Couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, if I had to put forth a guess I would definitely say it's the soup. If I had store-bought soup (even the low-sodium kind) I'd gain 10 lbs overnight! So, I wouldn't put too much concern into that number as it will prolly go down in a couple of days. :)

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D