Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday

Tuesday.  Yup, today is Tuesday and back to our old schedule.  Things went pretty well this AM, and for that I'm glad.  It doesn't always go smooth.  Sometimes I REALLY have to fight with him to get him up, but he got up pretty well this morning and got dressed fast.  I had gotten breakfast laid out and his lunch packed last night when making dinner so I threw that all together pretty quick, too.  All in all, it went well and I'm thankful for that.  I thought that my youngest was getting up at one point, but he went back to sleep thank goodness!  6:45 is just too early for him to get up.  He'd be grumpy ALL day.  We've had to get up before with him, and he was just out of whack the entire day.  BLEH.

Yesterday was pretty darn productive though.  Where we are, they were out for President's Day yesterday so oldest went to a friend's house to play for the majority of the day.  It was wonderful!  I found some large magnets and gave them to youngest and he sat in front of the fridge playing for what seemed like hours.  They're huge gear magnets, so I knew he couldn't fit them in his mouth even if they came apart.  Who knew magnets could make a kid so happy???  I got a LOT of cleaning and straightening done.  I was very tired last night, but VERY happy!  I even had dinner ready when hubby got home.  :D  He's such a good hubby... even though he was tired, he gave the kiddos a bath.  Well, he gave one kiddo a bath.  The other had already had one but wanted to play in the tub with younger.  It was cute. But so nice of hubby to let me just sit and relax.  I know he'd had a rough day at work, but I think it did him some good to just spend some time with the kiddos.  He got news at work this week of a change in hours.  AGAIN.  So, now he won't be getting home each night until almost 8.  He was already getting in after 7.  I know everyone is dealing with it, but it's the hardest on those of us with younger kids since they go to bed the earliest.  In the end, it will really only change 7 days out of the month, but still.  Just annoying.

Anyways, weight yesterday was 194.0 and weight this AM was 193.5.  I don't know why, but I'm swollen.  I'd say it's because I'm ovulating and have been so busy the last few days.  I tried to take it somewhat easy yesterday but I just kept finding things that needed to be done.  I have a few things to do today, but I'm not sure if I really want to clean the floors.  I swept and vacuumed REALLY well yesterday, but wasn't able to mop/clean because I ran out of time and energy.  And now, now it's looking like rain again and I don't really like to clean the floor right before it rains.  It defeats the purpose.  I may do the main room anyways and shampoo the rugs.  They're lookin' rough.  The rugs, that is.  Youngest has spilled so much on the big rug that it just looks a muddy color instead of the yellow/mustard color that it use to be.  Probably not the best color when you have kids, but it goes so well with the living room.  And it's wool, so it cleans pretty easily.  Just a steam and hopefully it will look pretty good.  It's due.  I mean, I think it was last done during Summer!  So, I'd like to do that and have the floor look better.  At this point, I think that is more needed than the other floors being cleaned!  I also have more stuff to move downstairs and I really should do some work in the Study.  It's getting junked up again, but there isn't much I can do until we buy or make some shelves and a bookshelf.  Many of the items laying around in there just need homes.  Hopefully we can work on that this coming week.  I'd really like to use up some of this random wood to make shelves and a bookshelf.  Oh, and a lamp stand.  I found this gorgeous old lamp and I plan on rewiring it.  But... it's just a bit too short to go where I want it.  So, we're going to cut and stain a block of wood for it to stand on.  I need to find a shade.  I also need to get a couple of other things, but finding the time is a pain in the butt.  I should go and get out today.

Back to my weight... I'm not to worried about it.  I honestly think I am still a bit bloaty from dinner on Sunday, ovulating, and being so darn busy.  I may not be working out, but I am for sure keeping up and going.  However, I may have to cut back on blogging some.  I just feel like I get more done on the days I don't blog.  I could be wrong... but I don't want to not blog.  Does that make sense?  I want to keep blogging, just not maybe everyday.  Like, I didn't blog yesterday.  I don't think you guys missed me too much!  LOL  I guess I'll just keep playing it by ear.

Well, I believe I am going to get off of here and get going with my day.  I need to decide on what I'm doing and hop to it!  Hope everyone is doing great!

3 comments:

  1. My weight also went up! I'm thinking I'm
    Bloats. I did eat lots of salty things this weekend. Including Chinese food yesterday for my moms birthday dinner. Crazy stuff. We both have the same issues at the same time! Kinda funny! I wouldn't worry about it. There are always reasons for these stupid crazy frustrating weight fluctuations! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My TOM is this week so I'm super bloated too! It'll go away I'm sure! Hope your week goes by smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, bloating is the worst. I can't wait for the day (hopefully very soon) that I will wake up and not feel like I am hauling around three to five extra pounds of water.
    I think that I have given up on large rugs. I love the idea of them, but dang- unless you have no kids, pets, or guests under the age of forty they get so dirty all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D