Monday, October 1, 2012

Rainy day ramblings

I don't have that much to talk about today.  Yesterday was a good day other than having a headache.  I know I went over calories just a bit, but I was running around a lot and I had a headache.  I didn't really get to take it easy.  But the good news is, the hubby got the back light put in and that was GREAT.  I know it won't stop anyone from getting in, but I sure hope that it deters anyone from it.  I don't care if it DOES annoy the neighbors -- they can get over it.  LOL  And if I were them, I would be happy that my neighbor was trying to do something to not only make the place safer, but it looks nice, too!

Anyways, I helped the hubby with that and tried to do some caulking but it just never worked out.  I did manage to do a few odds and ends like take up the old rug, pull off the sticky stuff, clean the floor and put down the new one.  Then I put the old one in front of the stove.  It use to be in front of the sink and as much as I liked it, it was just too small.  I wanted one that ran across the front of all of the cabinets so that when I load the dishwasher, there aren't always water drips on the floor!  LOL  So, I was at Kroger one day and they had this chocolate brown rubber backed runner for.... $3.59.  NO JOKE.  I snapped that bad puppy up!  It looks great and works great.  Plus, it's got a bit of spring to it so it's great for my feet.  :)  I just hope it holds up ok.  If not... well, it's not like it cost a ton.  LOL  So, I did that, some laundry and whatnots.  I tried to eat ok but felt off all day.  I should've known a storm was coming!  I got up to a yucky rainy day today.  Which explains why I just felt so off!  I am sensitive to barometric pressure changes.  Especially here in this dip.  This location is just horrible for it!!!  But I got a few things done so I guess it's ok.  I had hoped to do a few things today, but I sorta want/need a lazy day.  I'm just not sure that is possible with a 2yr. old underfoot!  I could also work downstairs... well, that is if I could get a certain child to play in the play room and not drive me crazy.  LOL  I have a lot that needs to be done down there!  HA!  The study and the garage both need work... heck, the whole area could stand some sprucing up.  But bah, I don't know how much I could get done with little man underfoot.  I guess I won't know until I try... but he's already gotten a major butt busting this AM for throwing a major fit and making a major mess.  I hate spanking, but at this age he doesn't understand much else.  And we DO try to make the punishment fitting for the crime.  He hates it when I hold him in time out.  LOL  I think it's the longest 2mins. of his life!  HA HA HA!  Rotten little stinker!

Speaking of Stinker's... one of my closest long time friends little boy is going in for heart surgery this AM, so I feel like I am glued to FB waiting for updates.  We've been friends for.... Geez... more than 13yrs.  I don't get to actually see her very often, but I love her and her family just the same.  And I really do pray that her little man pulls through this surgery and thrives.  I know it's in God's hands, either way, but I still pray for them.  They are an awesome family and I love them so much.  :)  So, if you could send them a prayer, a good thought, positive vibes... anything would be great.  He should be back now and in surgery.  It's a long surgery... 5hrs.  I am just going to keep waiting.

Not sure what else to write about this AM.  I have one thing on my mind but it is *ahem* of a personal nature and I'm not sure if that should be addressed on here or not!  I feel like for the most part, I've kept things rather 'safe' and plain, but I've been feeling the need to go more in depth and well... I'm just not sure.  I mean, my face and my family are now associated with this blog, so I wouldn't want to do or say anything that would in any way not honor them... so  yeah... not sure how to address it!  HA! 

Ok, I'm going to get off of here for now.  I'm trying to decide what to do today and instead of it helping me to decide, blogging is confusing me more.  LOL 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got that light put in. Hopefully you'll get a better nights sleep now.
    Hmmm, I keep some personal things off of my blog, but for the most part I vent about whatever is going on in my life. I change names or use nicknames. I guess I feel like it's my blog so I should be able to write about what I am feeling. If I knew certain family members were reading my blog I'd probably double post (ha, I triple post) to keep them from reading certain things.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D