Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Doin' it

So... I decided I'm just gonna do it.  I'm gonna post what I had wanted to post in the last blog but was worried it would be TMI.  But let's face it people, we cover a lot of stuff in these blogs.  Look how brave Didi was?  And can you imagine how that may have helped someone else going through something similar?  And let's not forget talking about our periods and pooping.  LOL  It's all normal and all a part of it, and if we don't talk about it, how will we ever figure it out???  So, here goes...

I think losing weight has helped my sex life.  And I don't mean that my hubby is more attracted or that I am more confident.  I mean... I pretty much can orgasm every single time we are intimate.  And that was not the norm before.  To be honest, we've always had a pretty great sex life and achieving that little goal has never been a feat.  But I do notice that since getting my weight down, that it is much easier and even more frequent.  Now, why would that be?  I mentioned it to hubby and we talked it over and for the life of me, I can't figure out how that could physically be happening, unless I was *ahem* fatter down THERE and it was prohibiting that.  Has anyone else had this?  I mean, I'm not worried or anything, it's just that I've not ALWAYS been heavy, but I don't remember what it was like before.  Back then, I was younger and didn't have kiddos.  So, I was just curious about what could be bringing this about and why it seems like it's just been in the last few pounds.  Like, getting under 190?  And trust me, I'm not complaining, just trying to figure it out!  LOL

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let's get on with the rest of the blog!  HA!  I'm feeling a bit better today.  I felt REALLY blah yesterday and didn't do much at all.  But already this AM, I feel like doing things and not just sitting on the couch all day.  I hope I can get a lot done and take advantage of feeling good!  I think it was just that big storm going over.  I just felt like CRUD all day.  I did, however, manage to eat good!  Yay me!  At one point I didn't want to, but I knew it was because I was tired and hungry.  So I made healthy food and ate it anyways.  LOL  After I had eaten, I knew I had made the right choice.  :)  I felt better even if I was still tired.  And it was easy.  A pre-marinated chicken breast, steamed veggies, and 2 magic pops (they are brown rice and barley cakes; similar to rice cakes but SO yummy! And only 10 cals each!  NOM NOM!)  I don't eat the pre-made chicken much, but on nights like that, I am so glad I have them on hand!  I typically buy fresh chicken and then bag it and freeze it myself (the pre-packed is usually FULL of sodium and water making them look more substantial than what they are!).  But the last time we had gone to the store, I decided that instead of buying more Lean Cuisines or whatever, I would just buy the breasts and eat them with a salad or some steamed veggies on the nights when I am worn out.  Worked!

My weight this AM is 185.  Darn happy with that!  I hope to have a good number by the end of the week, although I haven't really thought about an 'official' weigh-in for a while.  I've just been weighing daily to track and just going with that.  I'm not sure how that came about... maybe because I was on vacay?  But I guess that is what will happen at the end of the week.  I'll have some sort of more official number than just a daily weigh-in.  I know I like seeing people's progress on the other blogs I read, so I think I will go back to that.  I probably should update my weight page since I haven't in forever!  I guess I forgot.

Well, it's off for another day.  I may try to work out later if hubby gets up in time for me to.  If not, well, then, maybe I can at least do some Pilates or something.  My hip is starting to feel much better, so I want to give it a go.  Especially since yesterday I felt bleh.  So, I feel this week is a good time to try to ease back into things.  Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Orgasms get easier to achieve as one gets older. Also, I've heard that having kids helps also, although I'm not sure how. Weight loss probably does have something to do with it, too. Maybe Didi or Gertie will stop by to fill in the blanks with their medical schooling and backgrounds. :)

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D