Monday, September 2, 2013

List

My list of Amazon orders is getting longer and longer.  Not only do I want a few books, but now I want a new can opener (mentioned a few blogs back) and NOW I want a new composter system.  The one we were using was a simple bin from Ikea.  And well... it got broken.  So we haven't been composting and instead have been putting scraps down the disposal.  Which is bad.  :/  But between the lack of a proper bin, fruit flies, and it being Summer... it just hasn't worked.  During the Winter we just keep a stainless bowl on the counter and put the scraps in.  Then we would pour it into the big bin under the sink every night.  Then rinse with water.  The big bin was emptied once or twice a week depending on how busy a week it was.  If hubby is home, there are lots of scraps.  If not... not as many.  Not sure why?  Maybe because when he isn't here, we don't eat as many big meals.  Anyways, the bin on the counter isn't working due to fruit flies and the bin under the sink is broken.  We've tried different bins on the counter from old coffee tins to even plastic ware, but nothing has worked well.  :/  Sorta sucks.  But I found a nice tall bin, in stainless steel, on Amazon thanks to Pinterest.  I thought of using ceramic, but it's so heavy.  :/  Our bin outside is a recycled plastic one we got on Earth Day from Earth Fare.  I wish now we had used a different kind, but at the time it was the best option considering we had dogs loose in the yard.  We still have dogs, but now they spend the majority of their time in the run.  Mostly due to one dog with a massive attitude.

My weight this AM was 182.5.  I'm not sure how I feel about that, but since it is right at 6lbs. from my absolute lowest, I guess I feel good.  I have decided to really give MyFitnessPal a try.  Mostly because I've been logging on here and I might as well log on there.  I'm not even sure if this forum is working for me anymore.  I sorta miss my old blog.  But I am not sure if that is the right place for me either.  :/  It's a pain in the tush.  I want/need support but I don't seem to be getting it from anywhere but myself.  And that is ok, but once in a while, I need a group effort.  I'm on a group on FB, but that feels... too exposed.  Thankfully I have a couple of real life friends who are doing something about diet/exercise so that is very helpful.  But the online group would be nice.  So, I'm giving MFP a try.  Maybe I will keep all 3 sites and just cross post.  LOL  It's just tedious to do it on here when I'd rather just do my blogging.  And I don't feel like folks care that much about my food.  But if you do, I guess I could friend you or something on MFP and you could take a gander.  I'm kinda interested to see how I do on there.  I'm excited to see the charts and whatnot.  I know that is silly, but I like see progress.  And it would be awesome to see it in charts and graphs since I know I won't sit down and do that.  I think it will help to re-motivate me.  I don't think I will necessarily follow their guidelines (they said I should eat like, 1300 to 1500 cals to lose 1lb/wk), though.  I changed it to lose only 0.5lbs per week and that said something like 1700.  I'm just going to keep doing my 1600 and see how it goes.  I'm also not sure how accurate their exercise thing is, but I've not been obsessing over that.  My goal is just to be active.  I'm just not a 'workout' nut.  I like being active and busy, but I don't really care for 'formal' workouts.  But I enjoy the calisthenics mixed with Pilates, stretching, walking, biking... things like that.  You'll never get me to do something like Insanity or P90X; just not my thing.  That's ok if it's yours but it isn't mine.

Actually, I'm thinking of selling my calorie burn tracker thing.  You know, my Polar.  It was nice to see how I did a few times, but I haven't used it since!  LOL  Although, maybe I should keep it to check against their numbers once in a while. Just so I have some idea.  Other than that, I am moving right along.  I'm going to try to do better on food this week and I've been trying to decide the best way to tackle that.  I don't want to deprive myself and I don't want to do something faddy.  But I'm wondering how to do better and keep cals in check which has been hard lately.  I can't figure out why for the life of me Summer is harder for me than Winter.  I'm wondering if it is because I eat a lot of soups and stuff during the Winter.  You know, volume and all that.  I just don't know.  :/  But I did see some stuff on Volumetrics.  Basically eating mostly low calorie but high density foods to fill up.  Maybe I will start allotting so many cals to fruit and veg first and then filling in instead of the opposite.  I will figure it out.  I just need to get my food back in shape.  Yesterday was over 1600, but it wasn't horrid.  Slowly but surely!!!

Ok, guess I better get going.  Not sure what to do today, but I know it involves.... LAUNDRY.  UGH.

1 comment:

  1. Right before I took a blogging break I was feeling exactly the same. I don't want to strictly blog weight loss stuff anymore, but I still want support. I also felt like I wasn't getting the same amount of support from blogging that I used to.
    I like mfp because it is on my phone and easy to use. I like to play around with the settings, and it put certain things into perspective for me. Mainly- that the difference between me weighing what I do now and being at my healthy weight is a little less than 300 calories a day. That's kinda crazy to me.
    I don't post on the mfp blog much, but everybody is supportive with comments and stuff in the feed. I joined P90x groups because I want to do the whole 90 days and wanted support, but that kinda got thrown off.
    It's funny that you mentioned P90x in this blog. I used to think the same thing, but a friend of mine had the workouts, and I ended up really loving most of them. (NOT the stupid yoga one- worst yoga EVA) I like Tony Horton cause he is a total nerd, too.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D