Monday, December 23, 2013

Not gone

No, I'm not gone.  I've not left the internets!  lol  I've just been super busy and have really not had much to report.  I mean, I've had things on the brain, but I haven't felt like writing lately.  I don't really feel like it now, but I'm doing it anyways.  Hoping that just by doing SOMETHING it will loosen me back up and I will get back into the mode. 

So, what's up with the not wanting to write?  I have no idea.  Probably just this time of year.  It's been busy between wrapping up the school semester for the kiddo and for the hubby, doing the holiday stuff, and then dealing with the usual family drama llama.  So, other than just my own mental ramblings, there hasn't been much to discuss!  I'm sure you don't want to hear about my drama at Kohl's (they treated me like dirt because I returned some worn shoes) or dealing with traffic here or spending an entire day shopping to only buy like one or two things.  Or even dealing with Toys 'R Us (TRU) and the POS website.  But I'm going to tell you today anyways because it's really all I have besides the weightloss thing.

The TRU thing is simple -- their website only updates every 24hrs. and even then, it's far from accurate.  So basically almost anything we had ordered from there we received emails the days after that said that they had cancelled the order because it was out of stock.  Really?  How hard is it to set up your website to update faster than that?  24 to 48hrs. LATER you're saying I now need to hunt down these items elsewhere?  HELLO!  Drives me nuts.  I know sometimes this will happen, but this has happened to a BUNCH of people because everyone was on FB complaining.  And part of the problem was many of the items were in store pick-up only!!!  Do they not realize it is 2013 and many families live thousands of miles apart and can't always be together during the holidays?  URGH.  It was so annoying. 

The Kohl's thing REALLY infuriated me.  You see, back in Oct on the 22nd, I took my kiddo shopping for new sneakers because the ones we had bought at the end of Spring were getting rough.  AND, his play sneakers had fallen apart.  So, it was a good time to transition the 'good' shoes to his play shoes and just buy new ones.  Well, after looking at several stores, no Sketchers that he liked were to be found.  And since that is his brand of sneaker that he loves, he was a bit crestfallen.  So, when we got to Kohl's, I thought for SURE we would find something there that would fit the bill... even if it wasn't Sketchers.  After looking at many many shoes and trying them on, he finally landed on some cool lace up red and black Adidas.  I haven't bought that brand in years, but I thought it's ok, at least he found some he really likes!  Then... sticker shock.  Those puppies were $90!  Thankfully they were on sale and I had a coupon so I believe we paid $45.  A bit more than I would've like to spend, but it is what it is.  He's not in 'little boys' anymore so I can't expect 'little boy' prices.  Now keep in mind, my kiddo is like me and he likes shoes.  Always has.  He has sandals, slip ons, sneakers, casual... you name it.  So when he got the sneakers, I knew he'd wear them for about 2 weeks straight and then start rotating them with his others.  That is exactly what he did.  But after just those 2 weeks, the shoes were already looking rough.  By 1mo., I noticed a couple of popped threads.  Well, by week 6, they had at least 5 popped threads and one seam!  And like I said, after 2 weeks, shoes were in rotation.  So the sneakers were being worn AT MOST 3 times a week with his other shoes (slip ons, play and dress shoes) being the dominants.  I was appalled!  Those shoes were PRICEY to just be falling apart.  So, I after he last gym class I told him not to wear them anymore and this was the beginning of week 7.  I called Kohl's and told them what had happened and asked if I should return them or if I should contact Adidas and they told me that I should return them there.  So, guess what I did?  I got my receipt and went there.  But I was treated like dirt.  The girl doing the return was sweet as PIE but the older lady next to her was HATEFUL.  She acted like I had stolen them or had them for longer.  She said they didn't sell them and to look them up.  Keep in mind it is the holidays so there was this HUGE line of people.  :/  I was so embarrassed.  I told them that I had called and spoken with the manager or CS person or whatever and they had told me to bring them back.  I had the receipt, they had access to my card purchase,  and that was a lot of money to buy shoes to last less than 2mos.  After looking every thing up like twice, the girl helping me finally confirmed it and basically yelled that I HAD bought them there and they DID sell them and they WOULD return them.  Then she said, loudly, that Kohl's has a 'no hassle' policy and she apologized for my wait.  I tried to stay calm and think I did darn well.  I looked right at her and said I understand they need to check -- I'm sure they have people do the wrong thing all of the time.  But I was just a Mom who wanted her money back from cheaply made shoes so I could buy some good ones.  She smiled and I told her happy holidays and went on.  I was still mortified.  :/  Not sure if I would mess with returning something like that again.  Just not worth it.  At least during the holidays. 

So, my level of frustration with shopping and things have been high.  So has my level of frustration with my animals and kids.  But there have been good things.  Like, decorating gingerbread houses, making cookies, camp outs, eating Chinese food, Christmas movies, crafts, and things like that.  I'm trying to focus on that so I don't let the bad overwhelm the good.  LOL  It can be hard at times, but you have to try.  Although, I'm going to rectify a situation with our tree tonight.  Our cats will NOT leave it alone and have darn near destroyed it.  So tonight or this afternoon sometime, I am going to take all of the decorations off and put them away.  Many are ones made by the kids or are vintage.  One was almost broken this AM.  So, I have decided to take them all off and pack them back up -- I don't want them broken.  I am then going to spray the tree with pet off after I have repaired it.  From where they have jumped in it, several of the branches are bent almost straight down.  I'll spray it outside and then bring it back in.  Then I'm going to put the decorations back on, but only the cheapo ones and not the important ones.  Hopefully by next year these animals will be over getting in it and we can decorate as normal.  But this year, we've already lost too many and I'm not willing to keep putting up with it.  Maybe by next year they will be more calm and won't drive my blood pressure through the roof.

As far as weight and whatnot, no change.  As a matter-of-fact, I've probably gained.  I'm not tracking and right now, I'm ok with that.  After the last few months, I've decided that I needed a little maintenance or 'refeed' time.  I was at well over 100 days of consistent tracking and during that whole time, I'd been consistent in my weekly calories.  I loved that with the phone app, they figured my weekly average for me!  I only had really one week where I was over all that time.  So, with the holidays upon us, I thought it a good time to take a break.  I haven't gone nuts or anything, but it's been a nice break.  I did go over yesterday and I KNOW it's PMS and exhaustion.  No excuse -- it just is what it is.  I'll get back to it when I get back to it.  Ya know?  I just needed a break right now.  I don't think people gain weight this time of year due to parties and all that -- it's the stress.  Shopping, dealing with antsy kids, terrible traffic, just trying to go from thing to thing.  Holiday parties and all that are crazy, and so are family things, but it's the stress that gets to us.  Like the days we go shopping all day, we try to take water and snacks but by the time you've been on your feet and dealing with things for hours, you just want to sit down and have a good meal!  Calories be damned!  LOL  I've tried to be thoughtful, but I guess we will see.  Not sure when I will weigh in.  I checked a night or two ago before bed and it was 178.5 which is pretty close to my normal.  My lowest has been 174.5.  My current average 176.5.  So at the end of the day that was fine.  Just going to keep going along.

Well, now that I've gotten that out there... I feel about the same.  HA!  I thought I'd feel better somehow.  Maybe that will come later.  Either way, think I am going to jump off of here and maybe read and relax for a bit.  I'm still crazy tired and that is all my fault.  Was up reading WAY too late last night but I haven't done that in a while and... it was nice.  :)  I also had a super late night snack which I NEVER do anymore.  And I just.. chilled.  :)  Like I said, going to re-do the tree tonight and hopefully finish up some wrapping and try not to stress.  I have pies to make today, but that's about it.  House is pretty clean other than needing a dusting, but I will do that tomorrow plus another quick vacuum.  All in all, steaming right along!  Hope all of you are having a great holiday season no matter what you celebrate and are fighting against the stress in whatever way works for you.  For me, I'm choosing to TRY not to lose my temper (SO HARD), finding alternative solutions (nekkid tree), not worrying over my diet, and attempting to give myself quiet time even if it's late at night.  LOL  Here's to hoping that we all end 2013 on a good note and that 2014 is a good year.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I switched my calories to maintenance on mfp too. This week I've been hitting way under, but I just needed a mental break from three months of tracking and trying to lose a pound a week. It starts to make me a little wacky after a while, especially since I don't loose as much as they claim that I will.

    Wow, sorry that lady was so rude to you at Kohl's. At least one of them was nice!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D