Monday, May 12, 2014

One of those days...

It's been one of THOSE days.  The kiddos have been grumpy and fighting.  They've made so many messes that it looks like I've gotten NOTHING done today.  And me?  Well, I'm in a lovely grumpy mood that I am SURE hoping this wine kills.  I'm starting to feel a bit better now that I have sat for a bit and had a few sips.  I'm a 'cheap' drunk so it literally doesn't take but a half a glass and I feel a bit more relaxed.  But it isn't the only REAL reason for the wine.  The truth is, my last cycle was so bad, I could barely stand it.  So this time I'm going back to an old school method of thinning the blood with some alcohol.  Thankfully, I don't need much.  And since I enjoy wine, this is a nice thing for me.  I plan on having a glass each night.  I believe that there are 4 glasses in each bottle.  So, we shall see!  This particular bottle is from some of the new that we picked up over the weekend from a local vineyard that we REALLY like.  I don't care for their dry's, but the sweet and semi-dry are really good!  So, we got a case and restocked.  Which is also a part of our vacation stock.  We usually like to take a few bottles with us.  And sometimes we infuse it with fruit.  We aren't big drinkers, so the light fruity wines are what we tend to drink the most of.  Although once in a while, I like a dryer one like a good Malbec.   I'm always willing to try new ones, though.  Never know what you might find. 

Anyways, it's been an ok weekend.  There was some drama at a family function yesterday, but I am pleased to say I held my cool.  Not only that, but I actually mediated a bit and calmed everyone.  I'm not sure how the other party feels, but at least at the end of the night, things were calm and everyone walked away in one piece.  But frankly, I'm sick of it and I know at least one other side is.  I'm not sure how this is going to end, but from the sounds of grumbling, it won't be good.  Crap hitting the fan and all that.  Today... well... today hasn't been too great of a day.  I'm grumpy because of being overwrought yesterday, overly tired, and then the kids being in the same state today.  Pissy moods and whining equals one unhappy Momma with a house that stayed clean for less than one hour.  Normally I don't mind too much when they make a mess -- they ARE kids!  But today it was every single space of the house and I just couldn't take that and the non-stop bickering.  It just worked over my last nerve and I ended up yelling and cursing more than normal.  Cursing is not my usual forte'.  But the truth is that at some point I have to blow steam or literally blow.  Thankfully was short lived and I started burning steam by cleaning.  So much steam that I worked up a sweat!  And my downstairs is back in order... which it wasn't too bad because even though I didn't think the kiddos had cleaned up, when I looked they had.  Which made me happy.  But I did have to clean up dog pee (not their fault, they just couldn't hold it), sort out game pieces, and vacuum.  It looks darn good down there now.  Won't stay that way very long.  LOL  But at least it is done now.  And it got me to looking around and thinking some on what I want to do next.  I won't get it done anytime soon, but just knowing that I have some ideas is nice.  I was hoping to find the DVD case during the clean, but so far, no luck.  :/  going to have to work on finding that and soon.  I really thought it was just hiding down there somewhere but no dice. 

Anyways....

I didn't get in a workout today, but I did the days before that.  Weight is still 176.0.  I'm really enjoying the biking way too much.  LOL  I like working on my cadence and improving my time.  Right now, I'm doing ok, but I know I can do even better.  Something to look forward to.  Walking has no appeal right now, but I will still do it for something different.  Also thinking of adding in some jump rope since it is such a full body workout.  But we will see.  I don't know how much cardio I want to do.  Although, I'm taking a little break from it since I had back issues.  They are MUCH better now, but since vacay is coming, I don't really see the point in getting back in it again when we will be going before long.  And I know I won't be able to do it while we are away.  So, just going to put it on the back burner for a bit until I can get back into a good schedule.  That's not to say I'm cutting cardio.  I'm not.  I'm going to keep up with that.  Even if I'm not able to do the formal stuff, I'll be active and moving.  Won't be the same, but it will have to do. 

What I DID do today, like I said, was put my energy into cleaning and organizing.  It felt good.  Not sure where it is going to lead, but I'm glad it's done.  I mean, I know it may get messed up a bit between now and later, but that is ok.  My big worry is that there is a wicked bad stomach bug going around, which to me, really sounds like H1N1 to me.  Flu like symptoms along with stomach bug symptoms.  Seems like everyone around us is getting it and I'm a bit worried.  I'm trying not to, simply because what is the point?  If it hits, it hits.  It's in God's hands.  I pray we don't get it, but beyond taking the acidophilous and trying the grape juice, not much we can do.  It is really, 100%, in God's hands.  If we get it, all we can do is deal and go on knowing that there was some sort of reason even if we don't understand.

Geez... it's late now and I really should get to bed here shortly.  I want to put aside the worry and whatever else and take whatever comes as it comes and go on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry today was so hard for you. I hate it when I have a certain idea of what I want to get done and something else derails me from getting to it. I too feel like I lost a day yet I haven't sat down once.

    I really hope you have a better week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda grumpy today too. Yesterday we had a great day, so I don't know why I woke up all pissy and grumbly today. I think part of it is not having many friends here left to talk to when I really need to talk. Things get bottled up, ya know?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D