Saturday, June 14, 2014

Getting back

Trying to get back into the grove of counting my calories again.  My goal was to get into the 160's, but after being on vacay, I'm back in the 180's!  181.5 to be exact.  That's only 3.5lbs, so I'm not too bummed.  I mean, considering the copious amounts of fried food, alcohol, and dessert we had, I'm super excited that was all!  LOL  And it was worth it.  :)  Besides, it was only a few days and now I'm back at the 'grind'.  I'm not sure why it's called that -- I don't consider it that hard.  All I do is keep a better eye on portions.  That's really it.  And honestly, I do that most of vacation, too, or the number would be worse!  No joke.  Plus, I stay pretty busy and active.  We do a lot of walking.  I didn't swim much this time, though.  I didn't love the pool there.  And we did go into the ocean, but it was mostly walking since I always had a kiddo.  lol 

Anyways, so I'm back to tracking today and I for sure stayed busy.  Since the weather cleared and should be good for a few days, I ran to HD to get some supplies and then came home and worked on the porch.  After using the liquid sandpaper and then realizing that was doing NOTHING on whatever was on the porch, I resorted to washing and then hand sanding and then scrubbing again.  I left that to dry and had a snack of some YUMMY mini sloppy joe sliders.  TEE HEE HEE.  And a juicy apple.  Although, apple season is over and well... they are ok but not as good as usual.  Anyways, when I got done with that and my water, I got to work and did all the cut-in for the porch and got a good first coat of the Restore 4X product on.  I'm hopeful that because I've been very very VERY picky about prep, that we will have very good results.  I hope to get a second coat on tomorrow and maybe get the front door painted.  I want to do some clean-up on it first and maybe something with the handle.  I'm just not sure what.  I think I have black or bronze spray paint.  So, I'm wondering if I should strip that handle and paint it since the old finish has pretty much completely come off.  I would need to do that first so it can sit and soak all day.  I'm not sure if regular stripper will clean it or not. Or if I should just sand.  Guess it will be a try and see.  If I get a decent result, I may do something with the mailbox, too!  And maybe the outdoor lights.  They were suppose to be bronze, but the color is awful at this point.  Time for a refresh!

Anyways, I'm back to tracking, as I said, and I plan on getting in some exercise this week on top of the stuff I'm working on.  I'm not going to be crazy or drastic.  Just gonna do what I got to do, ya know.  Although, probably won't get in a full week.  Going out of town to visit hubby's fam soon since his Mammaw isn't doing too well.  They have put her on hospice so we want to go visit her one more time if possible.  We will probably only go for a few days.  So, while I may not be able to go on a long streak, I don't want to keep procrastinating.  Know what I mean?  I just hope this is a good trip.  I know it is going to be hard on the hubby.  But I hope we can get there and get in a visit.  I know how hard it was for me when my Granny passed and I had her for a VERY long time.  Michael has only recently (like in the last 5 or so years) gotten to know this side of his family again.  It's a very long story, but I'm so glad it happened. 

That's really the plan for the week.  Well, that and getting my house back into some shape.  It seems like the house has been a complete wreck since vacay and we jumped right into working on projects and etc.  So... there is mess everywhere.  I have so much to do that you would think I would be overwhelmed.  Instead, I'm like no worries... one thing at a time we'll get there!  I just want to try to do things in some sort of order.  LOL  Hopefully I can do that.  I do see a trip to the donation center soon to clear out some space and working on some laundry so we have clean things for the trip.  And a trip to the storage unit because I already have some things to drop off there.  Hopefully it has been swept and is all ready.  I already have the lock and key plus the passcode.  I'm ready to get to stuffing it!  HA HA HA!

Ok, I guess that is all for now.  I really should start winding down to get ready for bed soon.  It's not even midnight, but I know I have a lot to do over the next few days and I don't want to run myself down.  I just want to work slow and steady.  Just like my weight loss!  I think I'm going to get a sea turtle tat just for that.  It combines my love of turtles and the ocean.  I don't have any tats, but I think I would like that.  I've always sorta wanted one, but have never done it.  I'm thinking it's about time.  Maybe.  LOL  Ok, off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D