Thursday, April 2, 2015

Get Me

I think I have let the craziness and the stress of the last few weeks get me.  My weight has continued to climb.  :(  Now, I know it is a bit higher today since I had leftover Chinese/Thai last night, but that won't account for the full 10+lbs. I've gained.  *sigh*

Yup.  I'm up a good 10lbs.  I'm not happy about it, but really, I've not been dwelling on it or even thinking on it.  I know it's happening, but I've been shoving it aside.  NOT a good idea.  I'm bad for it.  I know I am.  When things get nutty, that is one of the first things to go for me.  I let my exercise and food go to crap.  I did work out one time last week, but the rest of the time we were going around 10hrs. a day working on the house.  I counted over 8 trips up and down the stairs and told the hubby, "Who needs a formal workout when you're remodeling a house?"  He laughed.  But staying busy and whatnot is never my issue.  I'm a pretty active gal once I get going.  My weakness has always been and always will be FOOD.  I love food.  I really do.  And drinks.  I like the cheap, I like the expensive, and I like a lot of it.  I've come to accept that as my weakness.  So why I let it slide so much when I am under stress, I have NO idea. 

After stepping on the scale this AM, I decided that today is as good a day as any to get back to tracking as any other.  I tried to just do the meal thing and watch my portions, but everything is in such mayhem right now, that I just can't do that.  I have to track.  I have to weigh and record.  And since things are somewhat stagnant now, now is as good a time as any to focus on my food and get it right.  I'm going to aim for 1400 to 1600 calories a day like before.  But I have to get my focus back.  I can't keep putting it off or my whole moderation thing goes out the window.  LOL  I swear it's like I 'reward' my stress with food/alcohol.  I should be gifting myself with better!  I guess that's just how it goes when you're a foodie.  I will just have to find other ways to deal.

Other than tracking, not much is going to change.  I'm still a big water drinker, still love my fruits and veggies.  I am just going to have to get my portion sizes down and have less splurges.  It's not a splurge if it's nightly!  The only thing I can think of that I am going to change is the creamer in my coffee.  I'm still using the powdered since I am lactose intolerant, but I know I'm losing a LOT of calories for that creamer.  A serving is a measly 2g, and in a typical cup I use between 6 and 8g -- 3 to 4 servings.  At 10 cals a pop, that adds up over a day.  If I happen to have 8g and 3c of coffee, that is a 120 cal loss for CREAMER.  While traveling, since most places didn't have the powder, I drank it black and got to thinking, 'I should just go back to black coffee.'  So, I am.  Other than that... no big changes. 

Wellllll.... I guess that isn't entirely true.  As I said in the last post, hubby got the job.  We've been house/apartment hunting like mad and I will do another post about that.  But with that, we realize that we need to finish eating the food in the freezer.  I hate throwing out food but I do realize that some will have to go.  Like the leftover grapes I froze for snacking that now taste horrid.  Such a loss!  I went to snack on them and YUCK.  I'm not sure what happened -- it's like they just lost their flavor!  I guess I could throw a few in with each smoothie just to use them up.  I still have a bunch of frozen bananas to use up.  I am going to use a few to make muffins for hubby to take when he goes down to start his new job so he has something hearty.  But the rest... I am thinking I will make small ice creams/smoothies to use them up.  I tried to make a protein shake, but it was so sweet my teeth hurt!  I don't think I will buy the flavored stuff anymore.  Plain is so much easier to work in.

Then we have a bunch of other odds and ends that need to be eaten.  Mostly meat.  We are going to be working on that for the next couple of weeks all together, and then the kiddos and I will continue on our own.  Our Costco/Kroger trips are going to be SMALL.  I've told the kids that they are going to have to suck it up and eat what we have because I'm not buying more at this stage.  Now, if we really run out of stuff that we need, of course that will be bought.  But there is SO MUCH here that they could eat.  The hard part will be telling myself no when I am worn out.  LOL  I think I should go through and do an inventory of what we have...

I guess that is all.  Tracking is back on and pantry/freezer challenge is continuing.  Now, I think I'm going to maybe start on the other blog post, post a few things for sale, do an inventory, and maybe some packing/organizing.  Busy busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D