Monday, March 30, 2015

Overwhelmed

My brain is currently overwhelmed with the amount of stuff going on.  I'm trying to not stress.  I'm trying to just focus on one thing at a time.  But it's hard, ya'll!  I'm not sure where to start?  Heck, I don't even remember what I wrote about last.  BRB.

Ok, I remember now.  So, let's recap.  Hubby go the job, we haven't sold our house or found a new place, and I feel fat. 

Yup.  That's about it.  And it's all about the same!  Ok, not entirely true.  The shortest thing is I am still feeling fat.  My weight is still high, but I'm not sure what I can do right now.  We have busted hump for about the last week and I am sore and swollen.  I'm not working out because I'm working on the house for 10+hrs. a day and I'm just too pooped.  I'm doing ok on food, I think.  I am hungrier than normal, but I'm trying not to go crazy.  I'm not formally tracking, but trying to keep to the 1600 with the 400 for meals and 200 for snacks.  I know I've missed snacks a few times.  :/  Just too busy to stop, really. 

On the house front, we are making great progress.  We are doing a Realtor interview on Tuesday (tomorrow) so we are excited about that.  Although, we are annoyed that our neighbors STILL have a huge mess in their front yard on their porch.  It's AWFUL.  I'm trying not to panic and praying that God will move things so that the mess is cleared.  I keep wanting to say something, but I don't want to make their feud worse.  Cause it's a feud for sure!  And I also don't really want to get involved.  My reasons for wanting the mess cleared up are purely selfish because the mess reflects badly on the neighborhood and my home -- which hurts resale.  UGH.  I really pray that they clean it up and soon. 

Anyways, back to the house!  We've finished up a ton of projects.  The weather wasn't great, so nothing outside and not as much painting as I would've liked, but a ton anyways.  I didn't get the kitchen cabinet doors done, but the island is ready for it's final coat.  The stove vent is done.  All the trim is in.  The bathroom got touched up and finished.  ALL of the trim/doors/whatever upstairs has been caulked, patched, and primed.  I have one area that was large and I need to go back over with the caulk, but that isn't too bad.  Stairs got stripped, stained, and have a coat of poly.  I will do a light sand and another coat soon.  Basically, we need to be finishing the white on the trim on the master bedroom door and closet door, hallway, and rail.  Paint in the hallway.  I just remembered the ceiling in the master closet!  I redid that area and it looks much better, but that half needs to be repainted.  The downstairs really saw no progress other than the stairs.  It will just have to wait. 

Today is going to be clean up day.  The whole house has a bad layer of dust and is just... nasty.  Stuff is piled up everywhere, hair is all over the place.  Just a mess.  So, we are going to spend some time cleaning.  If that doesn't take as long as we are worried it will, we will work on some more projects later today and tomorrow.  For me, mostly painting.  For hubby, mostly trim and installations.  It feels like we got so much done but there is so much more left to do.  I'm not worried about it, but I know that things need to get done and well... I want to focus and get it done.  If I have time today to paint, I will work in the master since hubby will be occupying that a lot over the next few days.  I can work on other stuff during that time.

So, all in all, progress on our house has been great, but we are stalled out on finding a new place.  The mortgage company is now saying that we can't do a loan because he has put in notice at his old job, and hasn't yet started the new.  They said they might could do it with a letter from the new company, which I believe we have in our room somewhere.  We just have to run the numbers and see.  But we don't really have a house to buy... except maybe the first townhome that fell through.  They have reduced the price.  SHOCK.  An extended stay hotel is turning out to be SUPER high.  Like, over 2k for 28 days!  And we aren't having much luck finding rentals -- hubby is actually on the phone about that right now.  I'm thinking a rental is our best option at this point if we can find one.  The only issue is, so far, we've only found one place that allows a max of 4 pets.  We have 6.  I'm afraid that two of our cats are going to have to be re-homed.  I'm not sure what else to do.  Unless we can buy, we are running out of options.  I'm not sure what we will do, but we have to figure out something.  I'm praying God will move in a big way in this, too!

Well, I guess that is all for now.  I really should get going on my very long list of things to do.  I think I am going to get downstairs and straighten the garage and get some laundry going so things can start getting put back away where they belong.  After that, some cleaning and then painting if I have time and energy.  That's not looking so good at this point as I feel REALLY tired.  UGH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D