Sunday, April 26, 2015

Market

It's been a stressful and busy week.  My house is officially on the market.  Although, I'm a bit bummed that things aren't going quite as well as I had hoped.  The realtor had made it seem like we were going to be busy and have a good show out, and so far, not a single person has looked at the house.  I'm bummed and a bit angry.  Well, was.  I'm better today.  I got busy yesterday and did a few things, and decided last night to let it go.  No point in stressing out and feeling crazy.  It's in God's hands and what will be, will be.  We do have a showing scheduled for tonight.  Here's to hoping it goes well.  Knowing it is our first viewing, I realize it won't sell on the first shot.  But it will be nice to get that first view over and done.

As you are probably guessing, I knocked out a huge chunk of stuff to do and the house is primo clean.  There are a few projects left to do, but I am going to work on those this week.  I even knocked out one or two things on hubby's list, but I will have to go back over all of the lists to see what is left.  I haven't done that in a day or two, so I need to. 

I haven't focused on anything but the house.  The last couple of days, I have been trying to go a bit slower and relax a bit more.  I was EXHAUSTED.  But we did clear out some stuff from the freezer and fridge.  Although, not super happy about the fridge... it was half of a large bag of carrots.  I'm not sure why, but they went bad SO FAST this time.  And confession time, I don't like the little carrots as much as the full size!  I feel like they loose a lot of flavor when they cut them down.  So, I'm going back to the big ones and I will cut them myself.  Anyways, first time in AGES we've lost carrots.  I also lost two of the small heads of romaine.  I forgot about them.  But on a good note, I ate some chickpea patties out of the freezer I had forgotten, then we had chops for dinner, and we're drinking up the juice.  I did make some broccoli and cauli from the freezer, but I never ate it.  I had planned on making a soup, but I just haven't had time... so, it will probably get thrown out.  I hate to do that.  :(

I'm not really tracking food or anything right now.  I'm in survival mode.  I'm not sure how I will do this long term.  This level of clean is hard!  But I'm hoping that now that the initial weekend is over, many projects are done, and the rush is over that I can get back into some sort of routine.  I'm kinda getting one together just for keeping the house straight.  Like, every night I do a quick pick-up and run the dishwasher.  I open it when it is done so that anything inside that is damp can finish drying overnight.  I also try to scoop the litter at night and take out the trash.  In the AM, I immediately make up beds, open windows, wipe down the bathroom, empty the dishwasher, and make a quick list of mental 'to do'.  So far, so good.  Today, I know that I need to do a vacuum, another straighten, and then a quick wipe down of the kitchen and Swiffer.  I'm sure I'll think of other things and find other things like laundry.  LOL 

All in all, things are going, but I feel a bit batty.  I've been telling hubby that we should be making back-up plans in case the house takes a long time to sell.  He can't keep staying where he is at $1500/mo.  We'd be broke in a few months.  No joke.  I wonder if he could rent a room?  I should mention that to him!  I think we would be ok for another 30 days, but not long term.  Although, it's about the same as what it would be for him to rent an apartment plus utilities.  Where he is now is like small studio apartments.  Except all he pays is rent.  They include everything else.  Which is sorta good because he doesn't have to worry about cleaning, trash, electric, water, cable, internet, etc.  And there are no extra fees like there would be in an apartment.  Which is why we went with the extended stay hotel anyways.  In the end, on paper, it didn't add up to stay at an apartment because we would be locked in and it would only save a couple of hundred a month.  Which we would lose if we had to get out.  It's just frustrating that our only options are to go to an apartment or continue what we are doing.  I guess we should've done the apartment.  If we had, he would already have one month off of the contract.  :/  Leaving only 6mos.  If this house needs a month to close and we need to buy another house, right there is another 2 or maybe 3mths.  It would've been ok, because if we buy a fixer, it would've given us somewhere to stay while we worked.  But as of now, I'm not sure what to do....

Well, I guess sitting here and dwelling isn't going to get anything done.  I was sorta hoping that chatting about it would help me think of something else, but I'm just not sure what else to do.  SO, I think I am going to go and look over my 'To Do' and update it.  Then get to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D