Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekend

It's been a good weekend.  Hubby got to come home!  Even if it was only for the weekend, it was wonderful having him here.  Even if it was a slight bit of adjustment.  LOL  Yes, after only 3 weeks, our routines had changed enough that he said he felt somewhat out of place.  I apologized and told him that we had adopted new routines to deal with the cleaning and showing.  He readily jumped on the wagon!  So, it went pretty smoothly.  We also were able to knock several items off of the 'To Do' list.  His and mine!  It was great having him here and getting to spend time together and celebrate his birthday.  Yes, we did ALL of that THIS weekend! 

I'm not sure how we got so much done, but we did.  I do feel tired today, but I think it's more from being emotional than from physical.  I don't handle all of this well, so to get by on a day to day basis, I sorta shut down.  So when he comes home, I fall apart a bit because we have to go through the whole 'goodbye' scene again.  I don't remember how we go through this before?  I just know I hope this house sells soon.  We have about 18 days total until school is officially out.  I was really hoping to have our house under contract so that as soon as school was out, we could be going down and getting this thing on the road. 

I'm kind of at the point where I'm not sure what I should be doing now.  I do have a few things left on my 'To Do' list, but it is pretty short right.  I am SO happy about that!  I'm sure things will come up, but for now, I'm happy that we've made enough progress that we aren't feeling so pressured.  One part of me wants to go ahead and get some things sold so we aren't worrying with it.  The other part of me worries how that will hurt our staging that is set up now?  I don't know... I just know that the vast majority of this stuff isn't staying and I'm worried about trying to sell it all if we wait until it has gone under contract.  UGH.  Not sure what to do.  I guess I could start purging the shed down.  I did it once already, and organized it.  Thinking to keep a lot of stuff until we moved.  But now I'm thinking I should probably go ahead and start selling the stuff...  throwing other things away... donating... and setting out 'free' beside the road.  *sigh*  Decisions. 

All in all, it's been a good weekend and I'm happy with where we are.  I keep trying to remind myself that God has a plan and it will work out in it's own good time.  It's just hard when you are ready to be making progress and moving on.  It's also hard when you are sad and your children are sad about their Dad.  But it will work out.  I guess I should get rolling for now.  It's still pretty early in the day, and I'm thinking I could do something.  I'm just not sure what.  LOL  Maybe if I put on my earbuds and listen to music, it will help.  I already did some stuff in the garage and listed a few things.  Guess we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D