Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A While...

I know I haven't written in a while.  But... I warned you all about that!  But it has given me a good, long time to think about what I want to do with this blog and where I want to go with it.  I think it's time for the ol' blog to be less 'diary' and more about what I am DOING.  I know I focus a lot on my emotions, and I doubt that will change much.  But I want to focus more on the doing because that's an important part of the feeling. 

Right now, I'm a wee bit excited.  But hesitant.  You see, we still are homeless.  It's been weeks of back and forth on this house either with the foreclosure company or our bank.  I have to say, if I had it to do over again, I would do MORE research.  Anyways, I'll get back to that.  Right now, we have no permanent address BUT, we are SUPPOSE to close on the new digs tomorrow!  If it goes through, it will be a miracle.  I guess we will see.  It just seems like thing after thing comes up and it's a big frustration for us.  I hope it works out.  So, I think this blog will start to be about the process of buying a foreclosure, the before's, the during, and hopefully the afters.  How I am doing and my family is doing during this process. Etc.

I won't get into it tonight because it's late and I just wanted to pop in while I could.  But I will say that the process of purchasing a foreclosure, for us, has been a nightmare.  I'm not sure I would do it again.  It's just been... hard.  Unbelievably hard and drawn out with hurdle after hurdle.  And LONG.  Very long.  Over 6 weeks.  I knew that could easily happen with a Short Sale, but had no idea that purchasing a foreclosure could be so drawn out.

Ok, off I go.  Need to get a shower and some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D