Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Productive Exhaustion

Man oh man am I tired today!  I was super productive yesterday even though I didn't feel like I was until I started thinking of all that I did.  I DID clean out my fridge.  It was fairly easy!  I threw away some old Chinese, ate a leftover pork chop and some pasta, and then used ANY leftover veggies and what was left in my veggie drawer to make my 'Garbage' soup.  That's what we had for dinner.  :)  That only leaves a few random things in the fridge now.  WOOT!  Then I made up salad and all that jazz plus went to the store... and I bought myself some flowers!  I LOVEY flowers so I wanted them bad.  I need to get some of my flowers going so I can cut my own instead of buying them.  Crazy expensive...

Anyways, I was just busy all day and got a ton done, but by evening, I started to crash.  I put the kiddos to bed a tiny bit early, showered, and then sat on the couch for about 10mins. until I decided to head to bed.  I think hubby and I crashed out so fast we don't even know what happened!  LOL  But then youngest was up and up and up starting at 4:30.  So, it's good we went to bed a bit early or I would be in rough shape.  I think overall I probably had a good 7hrs. once I got him back down and oldest off to school.  But then he sorta slept in.  That, or I just couldn't wake up again.  I sure wish I knew what was going on with him.  I'd be fine with getting up for the day early if he would just sleep through the night!  But he just seems to not be on any kind of schedule.  UGH.  I thought we had it figured out before, but now we're back to square one.

My weight this AM was 189.5 then 190.  *sigh* So over this bouncing around.  I feel like I am 'stuck' here and not making any progress.  It's just getting to the point where I am wondering what I am doing so wrong!  I really had hoped that cutting the cream out of my coffee would have some effect, but as of now, I've not seen any dramatic change.  Not even a small change, really.  And you'd think that an overall calorie cut (for the week) of about 700 calories would make some sort of difference.  I can't remember when I gave up cream, but I'm thinking it was about 2 weeks ago.  And in 2 weeks, my weight hasn't really changed.  Maybe it's just not been enough time... I'm not sure.  Anyways, I'm thinking of trying something new... Ok, maybe not 'new'.  I talked about it before and really thought that it would be a great path for me, but I never really got 'on' it.  I'm not sure why, because it feels really normal to me.  And that thing is intermittent fasting.  I talked about it over on 3FC a couple of years ago but I believe I got preggo and that is why I never really gave it a go.

You see, I'm not a morning person (as I've said 100 times) so when I get up in the AM, I just don't really want to eat.  So, just out of curiosity, I got up this AM and decided NOT to eat just to eat but to wait and eat when I felt hungry and to have whatever it was I decided I wanted.  I got to 12:30 and I am now eating some Pop Tarts, coffee, and thin sliced ham.  I'm not starving or cramming food in.  I probably could've gone a bit longer, truth be told.  And I'm feeling good even though I'm tired from weird sleep.  I've done reading and research on it before and actually came back across it on the 3FC forums by accident.  And it got me to thinking, maybe I need to go back to this and review.  So, that's why my little experiment this AM.  Now I'm thinking, should I do this?  You know, give it a go?  Mostly because up until I started 'dieting' this is always how I ate.  Even in school... back before my PCOS diagnosis.  And it makes me wonder if following our bodies own cues is really what we should do, within reason. 

Most of the info I've found so far is that people 'fast' from say 9PM at night after dinner, to around 1 or so the next day.  Essentially, just skipping breakfast and then having lunch.  It's window eating... they don't eat for 16hrs. and then have a window of 8hrs. where they eat what they want within reason.  It's not a license to binge on junk food, but rather allows you to eat your lower calories in bigger chunks.  Like, when I ate, I had around 500 calories.  I love those pop tart things or things like them, but typically avoid them because to get them in my calorie range, I can have that and nothing else.  And for me, I'd rather enjoy it like a small meal.  So, eating it leisurely with some ham and hot coffee was very satisfying for me!  For my snack, I had a high fiber cereal with cranberries and 1% milk.  I am thinking of having some strawberries to tide me over until dinner.  Then dinner will be whatever I want... probably pizza or home-made nachos!  I think hubby is on a pizza kick!  Then after that, I wouldn't eat again until tomorrow if I did the fasting.  I guess I could give it a go and see how it does... I guess I will see how I feel in the AM.

Well, this is long enough I believe.  I need to get off of here and do something productive... like hang up laundry!  LOL I don't want to, but it needs to be done.  I keep putting it off today.  Ok, off you go ladies!  OH OH OH!  And if you get a comment from someone named 'Emily' who wants your email for her site, don't do it!  I'm pretty darn sure it's a Spammer and might even have a virus!  Just delete it and go on.  :D

1 comment:

  1. You know, I think you should go with the cues that your body is sending. I know that there are so many diets that tell us that skipping breakfast is practically a crime against humanity, but I am with you on not wanting to eat in the morning. Why shove an extra meal into your day if you truly don't want it? We shouldn't eat if we are not hungry.
    I have gone back to this style of eating, and am definitely shedding some weight (though I don't know how much because I am not weighing right now). I think that I am better off with two meals a day and maybe a small snack, than the standard three meals a day thing.
    Good for you for experimenting.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D