Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Positive

Yesterday was a good and positive day.  I got a lot done to include errands and a bunch of random housework.  But best of all, since the garage now has a tiny spot cleaned out, I was able to finally use my treadmill!  I got on, turned on the Netflix on my lappy, and got in a good solid 30min. walk.  :)  That means that yesterday in addition to my 20mins. of Pilates (and yes, I timed it!), I got in another 30 for a total of 50mins.  :)  So proud of myself!  I know it isn't much, but it's something.  And I will be happy with that.  :)  I also stayed pretty on plan.  I think I might have gone over a little at dinner, but its hard to tell.  I had a cheeseburger, some fries, and pickles.  All home-made.  But the burger was all natural, grass-fed beef with one slice of cheese.  The online calculator says around 240 for a 4oz serving, but I believe that is a bit high.  The french fries were baked.  So with the cheese and ketchup, I got 470.  But that is based on the 240 for the meat and like I said, that looks high to me.  I think it would be closer to 200 since grass-fed beef seems to be overall lower in fat and cals.  That would put me at 430 so only over by 30 cals.  And that was the ketchup.  I was going to pass, but we were out of the SF variety, so I had regular.  And imagine the calories/carbs I saved having no bun!  Not to mention if it had been eaten out somewhere!  :O

Anyways, I am very happy with my day and feel like I made a good amount of progress.  But now... now I am contemplating getting a recumbent bike!  I am looking for one for my parents and I have found several used at really great prices.  So, I'm thinking of getting one for myself.  Especially since my lower half is what needs the work.  And since recumbent bikes are great at working your lower half, I can do other things with my upper body or I could read.  Any number of things!  So, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled.  :)  Not that I can really afford one right now with vacay around the corner, but I figure if I find one for my parents, I can give it a try out for them until they pick it up.  :)

Anyways, I am going to try to be productive today.  Already started some picking up even though I'm not feeling my chipper best.  My oldest got up feeling cruddy today, but I think it's just sinus and allergy.  I think I just didn't sleep well for some reason.  But I still want to get some house stuff done, work on one project, and then work out.  Not in that order.  HA!  Ok.  Jumping off of here and going to get to it.  It's not going to clean its self!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D