Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finally chilly

Well, the temps here have finally dropped and it's finally chilly out.  I'm not sure how I feel about this -- neutral, I guess?  I don't hate cold weather, I just hate being cold.  I guess that is why I'm so into sweaters this year!  I just love the longish, tunic style sweaters!  Especially since I've finally found legging/jeggings that I LOVE.  They are Vera Wang from Kohl's.  I bought them online on Black Friday.  HALF OFF!  Plus, I had some sort of coupon.  So, I got a great deal on them.  I will say this, though, the denim ones fit way different than the twill.  I probably should've gone up one size in the denim and down in the twill.  But I got both in L.  By the time Christmas is over, the darn denim ones probably won't fit at this rate!  And no, not because of food but because of WINE!  I'm consuming a LOT of wine!  And some snack foods.  But mostly wine!  LOL  We finally had gone to the winery and bought 2 cases of wine.  That was just a few days ago and already 4 bottles are gone.  2 were an Anniversary gift and 2 we drank... by us.  They were SO good.  I don't regret it, but I do have to make some cutbacks in my other foods to make up for it.  Mostly, my afternoon snack needs to get smaller and dinner needs to be spot on.  I did better yesterday.  lol  MUCH better. 

I know this is going to sound awful, but I'm just not too into weightloss right at the moment.  I'm having so much fun with my kiddos, finishing up my shopping and helping my Mom with hers, and planning fun stuff and working on projects that it just hasn't been at the top.  I AM going to watch it a bit closer (don't want to gain a ton!), but I'm not stressing.  What would be the point?  It would solve nothing and probably do the opposite.  Probably make me gain.  I just don't do well with stress so I'm not going to stress over it.  But I am going to get back to being a bit better.  I gotta get my balance back, yo.  HA!  That just sounded so funny in my head I had to write it down!

Ooh Ooh!  I forgot to mention that while a neighbor of mine was out of town, she asked me to check on her dog.  She literally lives across the street from me and her new doggie is a boxer/pit mix and the sweetest girl ever.  I went over and let her out and said it was time to go in and she just looked up at me with the saddest eyes so I said ok, let's go for a little walk around the cul-de-sac.  You see, there's a small cul-de-sac right behind their house.  But while walking that, I noticed a little road and TA-DAH!  There's a whole street back there I never knew about!  We've lived here 6 friggin' years and I never knew there was a road there!  The walk all the way down and back is right at half a mile.  I mapped it when I got home after walking it.  I'm stoked because now I have a walk that's right here I can take my chubby puppies on.  Especially my female.  I feed her WAY under what the bag recommends and I still can't budge the weight because... she's lazy.  She'd much prefer to lay in the sun or snuggle than be up and plying.  My male is the opposite, always go go go.  So, I think walks will do her good.  The vet says she's good -- no health issues.  Just needs more exercise.  It's hard here because the cars fly, there are no sidewalks, and she HATES riding in a car.  So to have a place to walk now is amazing.  I hate to do it in the cold, but it's got to be done.  I haven't really been able to get her on the treadmill, either.  My male will do it and seems to like it.  Dogs are weird sometimes.  It's just so nice because they are side streets and dead ends so there isn't much traffic. Now I just gotta find the time.  HA!  Time.  Like I have any of that these days.  I'm not even hardly blogging!  And that is suppose to be part of my 'ME' time.  OY.

I'm not sure what else to write about this AM.  Really, I just need to get to work on this house and finish up some more cleaning.  Not to mention decorating.  I want to put out the last few decorations I haven't gotten to yet.  But other than that, I've not got much to write about.  AND, I really should work on getting some paperwork done and filed.  That's what I should do today.  I should work downstairs and make some headway in the play room and study.  I want to do it, just not sure how I can until a few more things sell.  I sold a bag last night (if the lady messages me), I have a tree skirt listed, and I am thinking of posting a few other things today.  Hopefully I can.  I just need to get motivated.

Ok, going to get off of here now and get going.  Hope you all are having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh. I like wine, and boy it sure goes down easy when you have a good bottle. Seriously, I can drink a bottle on my own if I like it. That stuff is dangerous.
    I don't blame you for not wanting to worry about losing weight during the holidays. Thinking about that stuff all the time can get old. I've been really half assed about logging with myfitnesspal.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D