Tuesday, December 4, 2012

11 is THE Magic Number

So, Grace over at Grace Dishes (Safire) recommended me for an award thingy.  Liebster Award...  I think its more of a learn more about me thing but here we go.  I'm also suppose to recommend 5 other bloggers.  I don't think I have five... but I'll try!  Probably just do 3.  What you need to do is post 11 facts about yourself and then answer 11 questions.  When you post your bloggers, you get to ask those bloggers the 11 questions.  So, here are my 11 Facts, my 11 questions, and my 11 questions for my bloggers.  Enjoy!





My 11 Facts:
1)  I'm not very girly.  I tend to like more masculine things, especially when it comes to my home.  I don't think there are really any flower prints or feminine colors in our house except there are some in our bedroom that are tan and blue on the rug -- which is mostly chocolate brown.  I'm not sure why.  I just like the warmth and comfort most of the 'manly' things have.

2)  I like big earrings.  The bigger the better! 

3)  I didn't like spicey food when I was younger, but now I love the stuff!  I don't always want it, but when I'm in the mood I can tear it up!

4)  I'm from a VERY small town.  Seriously.  I think there were about 76 people in my graduating class.  Until just recently, there were no stop lights in my town -- only one or two stop signs!

5)  Even though I am from a small town, I prefer a mid-grade city.   I like the ease and convenience.  I don't know if I could go back to the small town life or 'country living'.

6)  Even being in the 'burbs, I like some aspects of the country.  I like a good sized yard, I like bonfires and bbq'ing, and I like gardening and composting.  I'm a weird person.  Or maybe it's just that I need balance?  LOL

7)  I can read a book a day.  I read that fast and I read every word.

8)  I hate my toes naked.  I would keep them painted year round if the polish would look good.

9)  I rarely wash my hair.  Yup.  You read that right.  I like my hair down, but I tend to get annoyed and want to put it up.  So, I wash it and wear it down for 2 or 3 days.  Then when it starts to get a bit oily, I spray it and put it up.  After that, I can usually wear it down again or I wear it in a pony with a hairband, just a pony, a messy bun, or something.  I do shower, I just don't wash my hair.  When I first started this, it would get GROSS really FAST.  But since then, my skin and scalp have adjusted and it takes a while for it to get to that point.  However, if I do a lot of work outside or get super sweaty working out, I have to wash it.  I can't stand it.  But for some reason, my head doesn't sweat all that much.  My neck and forehead do, but not really my hair.  The good thing is, my hair is better and healthier than ever.  I have very few split ends, it's fuller and just... well... holds up better.

10)  I don't miss high school.  I hear that SO much.  I don't get it.  I didn't hate high school.  I was 5th in my class and got good grades, I wasn't super popular but I was well liked, I was in lots of clubs and have good memories.  BUT... I wouldn't want to go back. 

11)  I have Insomnia.  I've had it for a while now and didn't realize what it was until after I had kids.  I just always thought I was more of a night person.  Right now, it is flared up big time and my usual remedies are not working.  :/


My 11 Questions:
1. If you could give one piece of advice to yourself at 18 y/o, what would it be?
Just keep believing in who you are and what you're doing.  Someday, it will all work out and you'll be glad that you listened to your gut and kept going.

2. What is your guilty pleasure?
Romance novels.  I love them and can read them all the time!

3. Who is your favorite Disney character?
Lame, I know, but probably Mickey.  I really like almost all of the Disney and Pixar stuff.  But I have kids, so then again maybe it's just because I'm drowning in it!  HA!

4. What is on your wish list this year?
I REALLY want one of those Bose sound systems!  I don't have any kind of music player in the house and I would really like one.

5. What is something you've accomplished this year that you are really proud of?
Getting back into my size 14 jeans, growing my hair, working on our house and finishing up some BIG projects.

6. What are your major pet peeves?
Late night pounders (aka, people who drive through neighborhoods with their music blaring!), spam, telemarketers, and people who can't drive.  Oh!  And people who put those things on Facebook talking about how they are so real and people can't handle it and then when someone else gets 'real' they delete them.  Yeah... you're so real.  *insert eye roll HERE*

7. What is your favorite way to relieve stress?
Reading, a hot bath, and a glass of wine!  And getting online, of course.  LOL 

8. What is one dish you make that is a sure crowd-pleaser?
Potato salad.  I make KILLER potato salad!

9. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don't think I have one.  Not big into celebrities, really.  Maybe Channing Tatum?  That man can dance!

10. How would you categorize your style?
Transitional.  In my clothes and in my home.  I tend to like lots of color with warm neutrals, old mixed with new, simple and clean metals mixed with lots of texture and color in my house.  In clothing I try to dress up simple with fun jewelry like big earrings and bright bags, fun scarves, and best of all... SHOES!  I do like some trends, but I spend money on classic and tend to buy 'throw aways' of what I consider trends.  That way, I'm not out the money.  LOL

11. What are three must-haves in your purse at all times?
Wet wipes.  Man alive have those saved me a few times!  Vaseline -- good for anything from a rubbing diaper to chapped lips.  Just be sure to keep it CLEAN.  And a tape measure.  Those come in handy more times than I can count!


My 11 Questions:
1)  What is your favorite drink?  Alcoholic and non.
2)  Favorite type of books or magazines?
3)  Where do you like to sit in your living room?
4)  Do you have pets?
5)  If you could visit with one family member who has passed, who would it be and why?
6)  Do you have a favorite holiday?
7)  Do you wear heels, sneakers, or some other type of shoe most often?
8)  Is there one food (meal, fruit, veggie, meat, whatever) that you absolutely WILL NOT EAT?
9)  Frozen yogurt, old fashioned ice cream, soft serve, sorbet... what's your fave frozen treat?
10) Do you drink water cold, hot, or iced?
11) When is your bed time?

My Bloggers:
Lucky Winner (Healthy Living)
Heather Johnson  (Swirling Shadows of Perpetual Light)
Didi  (bits of string and sealing wax)
Gerti  (Nursing School Diet)
Ellie  (fallingwaters)





1 comment:

  1. Hey! My first day back on the blogs since October and I've a homework assignment! What gives!?! :)

    Alrighty, I'll get right on it, although I'll have to tell you I'm the most boring person on the planet.

    I've just caught up with your Fall doings, Jewlz, and I must say you handle family problems better than me. My family has perfected the "silent treatment" to an art form. My mother can go YEARS without speaking to people - she's the biggest child I've ever seen and she's almost 70! Really, she is a child. Gads, how that woman can drive me bat-shit crazy.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D