Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back and sorta better

Hello my fellow bloggers!  I'm back and feeling a bit better.  I'm still a bit congested and my throat is a bit scratchy, but nothing like it was over the end of last week through Saturday.  I am so happy to be up and tromping around!  LOL  Much better than being a zombie and laying it bed.  That sucks.  That sucks BIG TIME!  :/

Anyways, I feel I did pretty good while I was sick.  I'm sure my cals were a bit low, but I just felt awful and didn't feel like eating.  Yesterday was the first time I had a real appetite and I made up for it!  HA!  I had a HUGE breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  But then, I got so full I didn't eat again until dinner!  :O  I did have a small flavored coffee at the Mall, but that was it.  Funny how your body does when its use to small meals and a certain amount of cals.  Anyways, I did great at dinner so I'm considering it a win since with being sick, I still asked hubby to help me stay on track since he was doing most of the food.  He did great, too!  But today, today I am back up and running so it's back to tracking to be safe!  :D

Today's Food:
3 slices of bacon -- 120
2 slices of toast -- 120
1 tbsp. butter blend - 50
Drizzle of honey (right at 1/2tbsp.) -- 30
4oz. raspberries -- 59
coffee -- 0
Breakfast Total:  379
Man, those raspberries were GOOD.  NOM.  Think I will do that again tomorrow!  Especially since my darn kiwi's and nectarine's STILL are not ripe!  UGH.

1 nectarine --80
1/2 chicken sandwich (home-made) -- 115
3/4 serving fries -- 95
Lunch Total: 290
I was wrong -- the nectarines are ripe!  Just firmer than I am use to.  However, SO GOOD!  But... again, huge.  My average on is like over 6oz.  My largest is nearly 8.  So, even though it said that total for the largest is only 69, I'd say that it is closer to 80.  My sandwich was sorta... off.  Could have been the spinach spread going bad or it could've been me since I am still getting over being sick.  Either way, I only ate half. Eek..... lunch was LOW.  :O

1 cinnamon apple bar -- 120
Coffee -- 0
I wanted to mention here that I've been trying to switch over to a natural sweetener like Sweetleaf made with Stevia.  But so far, not much luck.  :/  I'm not sure why, but I just haven't been able to.  I don't use nearly as much sweetener as most (only 2 and sometimes only 1 for a cup of coffee), but still, less chemicals is good, yes?  I'm going to keep trying.

6oz. tomatoes -- 31
2.5oz sausage -- 250
1 carrot -- 30
1/2 potato -- 55
3 broccoli florets (biggish) -- 20
Dinner Total:  386

 So far:  1175.  BUT, I haven't had dessert, yet.  Still trying to decide.  Hmmm...

1 honey bun -- 230
hot tea -- 0
Dessert Total:  230

Today's Total:  1405

I have to admit, I'm a bit bummed at the lack of excitement over my weight loss post.  Where are you my blogging buddies????  To make up for it, everyone in my 'real' life has been awesome.  I still can't believe I lost 5 and maybe a bit over.  I can't remember what my last official weight was.  It said 187 on my calendar but the days before that said 186.5.  I'm content with the 5 so we'll just say that.  I'm just really stoked I did so well!  I'm excited to see what I can accomplish over the next month.  I'm still not going to put a limit on it or any pressure.  Just going to keep focusing on food and hopefully exercise.  I really want to use my new Polar but I've been too sick to try it out.  :/  Hopefully that will change.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better! I've actually never had cracker barrel :) great job tracking everything.

    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be honest, we rarely eat CB! I'm not sure what even made us go there. I usually favor this little cafe by us that serves awesome breakfast salads and quiche with these great little coffee's. YUM. But it was good for a change. Thanks about the wishes on feeling better -- I definitely am and hope it continues!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! I'm still under the weather myself. This dumb cold just will NOT go away...

    Keep rockin' it, girl!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Sarah! Being sick just... blows. I have literally been blowing my nose for two days straight trying to get this junk out! And I kept thinking, how fitting! HA! Hope yours clears up soon and we are ALL better!

      Delete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for stopping in on my blog! Now I found you back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blush* I'm honored you'd look for me! I feel like a lame blogger. I'm no where near as talented as the blogs I follow. Mine is more like a journal I would say. But at least I keep on truckin'!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. Like, where is all the support that we used to have? A lot of the ones I used to blog with just don't post anymore. Maybe we need to get out there and find some new blogs to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I'm looking. Have been for a couple of months! Two of them are above you and I love them! :D I guess I just figured there were only a couple of us left so it was time to expand.

      Delete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D