Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday

It's Monday!  What else can I say?  I don't hate or love them like most folks.  To me, it's just another day. 

I discovered something last night.  I'm almost positive I have an ulcer.  I've been having tummy issues the last few days and jokingly, someone said I probably had an ulcer.  So, I looked it up and I'll be darned if I don't have the symptoms!  I'm thinking it's from where I have been sick and taking Ibuprofen like crazy.  Turns out it can cause them if you take it a lot, and since I got sick on vacay, I've taken it a LOT.  So, I'm going to try the recommendations for healing one on my own for a couple of weeks and see how it goes and if it doesn't improve, I'll have to see a Dr.  But so far, so good.  I immediately took an acid reducer overnight to allow healing and then this AM, got in a good Greek yogurt for some good bacteria (in case the H. pylori is high).  Later, I shall eat some banana after I have gone to the store since bananas are suppose to be really good for your tummy.  Other than that, going to lay off of the stuff that irritates like caffeine, carbonation, and alcohol and even fatty foods and go from there.  And especially the Ibuprofen.  I think by using the acid reducer at night, eating well during the day, and using foods that heal I will be good.  But I will keep an eye on it and let you all know.  I may even try the cabbage that oodles of people recommended.  I just happen to have some in the fridge!

Other than that, I am just trying to get rid of the rest of this cold, work on little things around the house and keep it cleaned up.  I got more cleaning done yesterday and started sanding on the damaged spot in the tub.  It looks darn good!  I want to finish that today.  I also need to do bills today.  So... won't be much cleaning, although I already did some earlier.  I need to run to the store, too.  Then oldest has karate at 4:30.  Busy busy.  Ok, guess I should get off of here if I am going to get'er done.  No point in wasting any more time.  Off I go!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a random fact for you, the guy that discovered H. pylori caused stomach ulcers showed it by drinking a culture of bacteria. And then once he proved it to the medical community he took some antibiotics.

    I hope if you have one it heals through your intended methods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yike! O_O An Ulcer!?! I saw a couple of those things in my science textbooks and it look really really scary. But I really hope you are okay, and this is just an overestimation! :( But I really do agree with your current battle plan. I think it's a great idea that you are trying to better yourself, and if it doesn't work, just call up the doctor. Stay healthy! Keep us update on how you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D