Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Posting

Geez.  I've been trying to post now for a few days, and I usually end up getting started and then interrupted.  It's been weird trying to post!  So, I'm trying to at least get a quick post up today.  :)  I checked my weight this AM and it was 180.5.  I'm pretty happy with that!  I know it's only half a pound, BUT, I did see 180 first before it rolled up.  So... I'm under the 180.5.  LOL  And, I think my last weigh-in was on 9/4.  I need to check that.  I thought I was checking on the same day every week, but I guess that should be tomorrow?  I'm confusing myself!  Need to print out my schedule.  OK.  DONE!  Yes, it was on 9/4 that I weighed.  That's ok.  I'll weigh again Friday, too, before I leave!  LOL  I am going to do my very best to stay under 2000 cals each day and do LOTS of walking!  Because I plan on working out today and tomorrow then taking Thursday off.  Or, maybe I'll do all 3 days since we aren't leaving until late Friday.  :)  We will just see.  And who knows if something will come up between now and then.  Ya know?  I hope nothing does, but you just can't plan for everything. 

Anyways, I'm happy with that weight.  I feel like I'm making good progress.  I think joining MFP has re-motivated me.  lol  Not to mention given me some epic entertainment!  HA!  I swear, some of the threads on there just crack me up.  Mostly the ones where the people get their panties in a wad!  I get that sometimes you want a serious answer and I'm sure I would get somewhat frustrated, too.  But all in all, it seems like the vast majority of responders really do mean well but people get upset.  I don't comment all that much and I have only posted once.  But I love to read.  :)

I'm also liking their method.  MFP's, to me, is really close to the TDEE method that a lot of people talk about on there.  Well, at least for ME it is.  I checked my numbers on several sites and then like I said before, I had played on MFP and to me, they are one and the same.  This may not be true later on, but it is NOW.  So, I plan on staying where I am.  I'm eating between 1600 and 1800 per day and ignoring the little thing at the bottom that says 'You will be THIS weight in 5 weeks if every day were like today.'  SO ANNOYING.  But I move on and ignore it. HA!  AND, I'm wearing my HRM again and tracking instead of using their pre-set numbers.  Those numbers are pretty off.  I'd rather plug in mine.  And well, I paid for it so I guess I might as well use it!  lol  I felt like I ate huge meals yesterday and was only at 1680.  Mostly because here lately I've been eating 500 cal meals and no snacks.  I've just been busy!  So eating a slightly larger meal and no snacks has been good.  Plus, it's been motivating me to cook dinner in a timely manner instead of putting it off like I do at times.  No snack = not too full to want to eat.  Larger lunch = not starving.  It's like I have a good balance of starting to get hungry but not starving.  Not sure if that will always be the case, but for now it is what it is. 

Exercise is still what it is.  I've been riding, rotating with strength (calisthenics?) and just doing that.  But hubby said he is determined to lose some weight and get in better shape so he wants to do weights.  I've just not been pushing the strength with my back and all.  I asked about it yesterday and they said it was fine as long as I didn't push beyond comfort.  She said to get to the point where the weight was easy at pretty high reps then only add a small amount of weight to move up.  I can do that.  It's not what I planned, but I can do it.  For now, hubbs and I are going to work on getting some stuff knocked out in the garage to have our weight area and I will keep going with my weight bearing strength.  I need to build up because so far, I'm darn weak!  lol  Especially arms.  My legs aren't bad.  But I won't lie... I'm focusing more on cardio right now to burn fat.  I know I have a decent muscle base, but too much fat.  Some folks disagree with that, but I think each body type needs to do what works for them.  I'm trying to do a mix.  I've seen some only do cardio and some only do strength.  I feel I need a light mix with a focus on cardio right now until I get some more fat shed off.  Mostly because I have a pretty high muscle content.  But I don't want to lose that muscle content so I need to keep working on it.  Does that make sense?  I'm also not sure how far I want to go in strength, but I know I want to do it.  I want to be able to be strong and toned.  I do, however, with the PCOS have higher testosterone than a typical woman so I don't want to be too muscley.  I know I won't 'bulk' like a man but I don't want to be cut weird.  So, I think strength is a go, I just don't know how far.  Like anyone else, I have an idea of what my ideal is and it's not too cut.  lol  So, who knows?  I'll just see as I go along.

On the annoying front, I'm getting irritated by the number of people who are posting about 'no or very slow' losses.  :/  IRRITATING!  They act like a half pound to a pound loss a week is nothing.  And that drives me bonkers!  Don't they get this isn't JUST a diet?  You're changing your diet but it's not a diet!  No one gets that.  NO ONE.  And it drives me insane.  I've been on this journey for quite a while so I've seen real stalls -- my body's or my own.  You can't just do this for a couple of weeks and say, "I've not lost 10lbs. so this isn't working!"  They just don't get that slow and steady really is the way to go.  Does that mean I don't have times of frustration?  No!  But it does mean that in general, I just go along and keep working.  I didn't gain overnight for the most part and I won' lose overnight.  And you know, I don't want to.  Maybe at one point I did and maybe even over the Summer I had a bit of a pity party and did.  But in reality, I know that won't work.  I know I need to keep moving along and still enjoy life.  :)

Ok, I've rambled enough.  I should get off of here and get busy.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, add me on myfitnesspal! DeonnPaul
    I was using it regularly, but moving threw it off. Then I got back into the groove of it, and I had company stay with me for two weeks. Must get back in the groove! On the plus side, I was extremely proud of myself that I didn't gain a single pound while company was visiting. We ate out pretty much the entire time, but with all the walking and exercise I managed to maintain. Win!
    I agree with you about the people who complain about half and one pound losses. People watch shows like The Biggest Loser and then think it is normal to drop a radical amount of weight in one week.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D