Monday, October 28, 2013

Every 4 or 5

It seems like any more, I post a blog every 4 or 5 days.  Yet, I feel like I am on the pute a lot.  I guess it's because I know I can track on my phone, but I prefer the MFP pute app to the phone app.  Then I like to breeze through the forums sometimes late at night when bored.  Then there's FB, email, and here.  So, I've had to cut back somewhere... and that somewhere was everywhere!  HA!  I only check email a couple of times a week now.  Blogging is about once or twice a week.  FB is more since my Reunion is coming up.  But it's been good overall.  Sometimes something has to give and the net is what I chose. 

Over all, I'm feeling like things are still going pretty well except for my energy level has been down the last 2 or 3 days.  And my hunger level through the roof.  You guessed it!  PMS.  UGH.  Horrible this month!  I had 2 days over.  One day by only 19, so that isn't so bad.  But the other day was much higher.  So, I'm trying to be a bit lower over the next few days to get my average back down.  As a matter-of-fact, I've even re-opened a thread on MFP that was a request to add the average to our Reports section.  I think having the option to track our average would really help a lot of people to see the big picture when it comes to calorie counting.  So many people fall off of the wagon when they have one high day or try to go WAY too far when trying to correct it and make things worse.  Maybe if they saw the average over a week or even a month, it would help them to keep it more sane.  LOL  I know I have high days and I just cut back a little each day after, knowing that gives me some space to have those higher days.  It's what keeps me balanced and happy.  I really think it could be something great for everyone!  I'm sure there may be negatives that I'm not seeing, but I'm not sure what it could be.  Tell me if you think of any! 

Anyways, energy has been really low and I am hoping that passes soon.  I'm seriously not liking it and even hubby said he's feeling affected.  I guess that happens after years together!  He had symptoms when I was prego, too.  It was hilarious!  But we both feel so worn down.  I really wish we had the time and money for a vacay with just us 4 to the beach or something.  It would be wonderful.  But realistically, the budget just can't take it right now.  Knowing that we may move in the next year, knowing that we've had a few getaways already this year, and knowing that we want to be as close to debt free as possible, it's just not gonna happen.  Plus, we just had to do the whole vet thing, got the driveway sealed, have Christmas coming up... yeah.  I just don't see any big trips in the picture.  :/  But if my energy would just get a little boost, maybe I could at least feel good!  Thinking of doubling up my vitamins over the next week to see if that will help.  I think my period just wipes me out.  And PMS was worse this time than normal. 

At least candy hasn't been an issue.  Grace over at Grace Dishes (link HERE), was asking how everyone was doing in terms of Halloween candy and I have to say I think I'm doing great.  I had a few the night we did our hunting (Freaky Friday) and that has been it.  We don't have any trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood since it is older, so I don't see it as an issue come Thursday, but I will have a small bowl in case.  But so far, the candy that made it in here, has sat there.  Even the kiddos aren't gaga over it wanting it non-stop.  It's just sitting there!  I feel like my 'diet' of moderation is working.  :) 

Let's see... is there anything else to cover?  I can't think of anything at the moment.  Well... one thing.  I'm trying to get over my anger and hurt over it, but so far I'm feeling really annoyed by it and can't seem to figure out how to deal.  What is it?  I mentioned to my Mom that I was thinking of returning to school to get my Doctorate in Entomology and she flat out said she thought I was stupid. And it killed me.  I've been trying to let it go and see it from her POV, but it just rubbed me a hundred ways wrong.  She thinks it would be silly to give up my life at home.  I don't want to 'give it up', but I want to supplement it.  In the not so distant future, both of my kids will be in school and have their own lives.  I know it will be right around the corner no matter how much I want to slow it down.  I also know that school could take quite a bit of time.  So, I was thinking I would start going back a little at a time so I could still get them off of the bus, make dinner, go to all of their sports and things.  Go slow.  Because at some point (15yrs.) my youngest will be graduating and I won't even be 50!!!  Then what will I do?  Sit at home alone in an empty house while my kids are at college/job and my husband is out doing his career???  Is that really what she wants for me?  To be alone?  That's not what I want.  And I don't want just any job... I want something I enjoy and could be really good at.  And I enjoy bugs.  I think they are neat and really impact our everyday lives.  Granted, I don't know what the world will be like in 15yrs. or even out lives, but can I not have some sort of back-up plan in the form of a career?  I love being at home, but my kids won't always be here and it could be a while in between when they leave and when we have grandchildren.  Or even when we retire!  Especially since people are living so much longer on average.  I know other things can happen and throw wrenches in there, but isn't it best to have as many options as possible?  I don't know.  I just know that it hurt me that she feels it's a waste of time.  Even if I only got my undergrad.  :/  But I'm trying to let the hurt go and see it from her view.  She thinks I have it good so there is no point in throwing a wrench in the works.  But as usual, I know that I need to do what is right for me and my family.  Hubby thinks it's an awesome idea.  :)

Ok, just realized what time it is and I need to get going.  I need to hit the store and the Chiro.  Fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D