Saturday, April 19, 2014

Feelin' the Funk

And not in a groovy way, baby!  Seriously.  I feel funky and have the last couple of days.  My cycle has been... shall we say, unpleasant.  Heavy and uncomfortable.  And I am coming to the conclusion that something with that is going to have to give.  I just don't know what it is.  I guess it's partially my fault because I fell out of my routine.  Typically the week before I start (usually just 3 or 4 days, not the whole week), I know to have a glass of wine each night and to take an ibuprofen once a day.  I didn't this time and I paid the price.  Last month, I tried out Vitex for a week before to see if that helped and if I recall, it did some.  But they suggest you start it and continue for a few weeks.  But I don't want to have to keep taking something like that... mostly because I suck at remembering to take stuff!  Which is why I've never taken BC for long at all.  I tried one time, but I was terrible at remembering.  Not to mention the stuff made me feel HORRID.  I did lose weight, but there were only odds and ends things I could eat and I felt crazy emotionally.  Gotta love life with PCOS!  Although I didn't know I had it at the time.  Then there was DEPO -- BIG mistake.  I took it for an entire year, but I just never adjusted.  After that, I said I was done.  So even now, BC is not an option for helping my period.  But the glass of wine and the ibuprofen always seem to help.  The only other options I am aware of are to get prego again or have the ablation procedure.  I'm not ready for either of those options, either!  DARN IT!  I guess I'm back to wine and pills!  HA!

Anyways, decided to weigh today just to get a number for the week.  Same as last week at 178.5.  Which is sort of a bummer.  Usually right after my cycle, I have a nice little drop.  But I figured I wouldn't this week with that one super high day.  So, it's ok.  Keep riding the horse and all that.  I was hoping for at least a half pound drop.  I have less than 5 weeks until vacay and I was hoping to trim up a bit, but I'm not going to stress over it.  I was hoping to get below 170 just for kicks.  But it's ok if I don't.  It's not the end of the world.  lol  I had just wanted a little extra leeway because sometimes you gain on vacay.  I haven't really the last couple of times, because I don't change the way I eat much.  But I still like that wiggle room.  But it's fine.  I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and do my regular on vacay and if I slip a bit, it's fine and I'll get it back in line.  I'm not going to stress over it.  I think that is the theme of the week -- stop stressing.  Now, if I could just stop feeling funky!  That would help A LOT.  LOL

Because of the funk, I plan on taking it fairly easy again today.  I need to pick up a bit, dust, and do a bit more laundry.  I want to try to lift, but only if I feel perkier by this afternoon.  If not, I will at least get in a walk/ride.  I may try to get my vitamins in here in a bit and see if that helps... I've slacked on those A LOT lately.  Again, I'm terrible about remembering to take things.  But I gotta try.  So, overall not much to talk about today as that is just about it.  Think I will go stalk MFP for a bit and then get oldest out of bed.  It's getting late in the day and that kiddo is still in bed!  He's turning into a teen before I am ready.  AH!  I think I hear him.  LOL  Bet he's grumpy.  lol  Oh well, off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D