Monday, August 11, 2014

Procrastinating.

Yeah.  I'm procrastinating.  SO WHAT?  LOL  I should be up and working on the house.  Especially the downstairs.  It's not been cleaned since before our fast and furious trip.  So.... it's a bit hairy.  YUCK.  So, it needs a pick up and vacuum.  I have also been thinking it is time to purge the office.  And pack up as much of it as I can.  I'd also like to purge the storage room under the stairs and ONLY have our luggage stuff under there for easy access.  Because right now, our memories box, a chandelier, and a few other odds and ends are under there just taking up space.  I'd like to get that and maybe the attic done soon.  Less here is less to do later.  Not to mention, less underfoot makes it a bit easier to get things done.  And right now, it's not like I can do much else.  I would like to work in the kitchen, but just not gonna happen right now.  Too wet and yucky out to do too much of that kind of stuff.  The air is just... humid and thick.  I probably could sand... I think I'll wait.  I originally didn't want to take all of the cabinets out and do that, but the more I think on it, the better an idea I think it is.  Hubby disagrees.  He says plumbing and all that will have to come out.  I disagree.  That is the ONE cabinet I think could stay.  We'll see how it goes.  The weather is 'suppose' to be better over the next week and I think that would be a better time to do that.  Just have to keep an eye out.

I said I would weigh in today, and I did.  179.5  I'm not 100% happy with that, but it's better than seeing the 180's.  But it isn't the 160's.  But the reality is, I've not put in the work lately to get to the 160's.  I slacked off too much this Summer and let too many things break my plans.  Yes, I know some was out of my power, but my reactions to it could've been better.  And a cheat day once in a while is fine, but I had too many.  I am pleased I have at least learned enough to maintain.  But it sure wasn't enough to lose.  I'm on it now.  The 7 day is going to be hard, mostly because hubby is off, but I am going to make a concentrated effort.  I'm going to try really really hard to lay off the heavy eating for a bit.  I was doing a high day once a week before... but I think to get back on track I need to cut that back to only once or twice a month -- and for days we go out to eat since that is so much more difficult to be accurate.  The bonus to this is we need to keep eating the food we have in our pantry/freezer.  And pay off more debt.  Looking at it that way helps me!  LOL

I'm not sure if I should even mention a timeline... I seem to never do well with those.  But I'm going to work hard to reach the 160's.  It was my goal to be there this Summer.  Summer is almost over.  The first day of fall is Sept. 23.  That's 6 weeks away.  My average is only about 1lb. per week when I'm on my game.  I know I have a couple of stall out weeks on average -- usually ovulation or my period.  But if I can stay on track, I am hopeful to reach the 160's.  Even if it is only 169.  But I refuse to kill myself to get there.  I just want to get on track and be moving closer to my goals.  Maybe I should focus on some other goals other than just the weight... Like getting back into a good riding time and doing my pilates again.  I like weights, but I just can't seem to get into them right now.  I think I need to strengthen some other muscle groups like my lower back.  And get my form better.  I did do some kind of core strength test and I passed it with flying colors.  So, I don't think my core is my issue, although I want to keep that up.  I really think it's my back-side muscles.

Yeah... I'm hoping that 179.5 is still a false high.  Just looked at the calendar while figuring up when Fall officially started and realized I should be starting my cycle any time.  I knew it in the back of my head, but didn't factor it.  So, it would be nice if I had a lower number in about 5 days!  LOL  I hope to have a lower number anyways.  I've been eating closer to 1400 the last couple of days mostly because I've not been super active, plus like I said I had wanted to balance out the couple of days we were out of town.  I only had one day that I couldn't remember what all I ate.  But I would say that I was still around the same as the other days.  Maybe I'll play out this 1400 for a bit and see how I do.  I guess I'll base it on how I feel and how the numbers play out. 

Well, I should probably bring this to an end and get to work.  The downstairs isn't going to clean itself, and I need to get SOMETHING done to not feel like the day was wasted.  Although now, I should probably have lunch so I don't have to stop and do that soon.  Maybe I will go through and do a quick look through and then have lunch.  Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D