Wednesday, September 17, 2014

All about the YARD

Today has been an all about the yard kinda day.  I had planned on taking it easy today since we slept in SO late.  Normally, we are up and at'em later than many, but not THIS late.  I think it was almost NOON.  I'm not sure why my youngest slept that late... Normally we are all up around 9:30 to 10:30 so this was really unusual for us.  I'm not a morning person by any means, but sleeping that late was just too darn late!  So, I woke up thinking that even though I felt ok, I must be exhausted to have slept that late.  I completely planned to just chill all day.  But that isn't what happened...

After breakfast/lunch, I just COULD NOT sit still.  So, I decided to mow since I had done it the other day and gotten the front done, but the back was still a mess.  I decided to mow in the front anyways just to keep it under control.  So, I mowed all of the front and all of the back!  Even most of the area that gets push mowed!  The grass was good and dry, so I had no issues with slipping and could do more.  :)  I did that and rested for a bit and then thought, I should clean that dog run.  It's been stinking SO. BAD.  So, I scooped.  Then thought, I should smooth it out where the dog has been digging.  So, I smoothed.  And THEN, I decided to go ahead and spray it since I had everything to do the job.  I got out my handy garden sprayer, Dawn, and hose.  And I SATURATED the dog run even washing their house and a 2 or 3 ft. perimeter around it the fence.  The smell is gone!  The flies/bugs are gone!  WOOT!  I was so so so happy!  I thought I was done so I came in for a break.  Nope.  Still felt like going!  So, I threw in some laundry and mixed up some weed killer.  I sprayed the entire side area, around the front beds, mailbox, AND the curb!  I got it all done!  ALL OF IT!  If you can believe it, I then came in and purged an entire box of 'Important Papers'.  My recycling is SO FULL!  HA!  I don't know where all of the energy came from.  I really don't!  But I got a lot done and I'm darn pleased.  I bet I'll be a zombie tomorrow.  LOL

On another note, I weighed today after eating again (because I forgot) and my weight after food was 177 so I'm thinking I am around the same.  AND, I started my cycle.  SO, I guess I lost a couple of weeks of losing, but I didn't gain so that is good.  I was a bit stalled out anyways before hand and trying to figure it out, so I don't know if I really lost any time or not.  No matter -- back to tracking today. Still going to stay at the 1600 or less mark.  I don't think that long term I could go under that for long.  I do have low days, but I don't think I could do it daily.  I'm not sure how people live at like, 1200.  I know it can be done, but I don't think I would want to do it long term.  I realize I would hit my goal much faster if I did, but I don't think I could do it.  I've thought of reducing some, down to 1400 or 1500, but I never seem to be able to do it long term.  I guess if I get to a point where I'm just not moving, I'll do it. 

I guess that is all I have for tonight.  It's getting late and I am trying to decide what to do with the rest of my night.  I have some TV recordings to watch and return to my Mom, I have a book to finish, and I have a new movie I have wanted to watch.  But I can't do all of these so maybe I will just do one.  The book is really good... I think that I may do that.  I can watch the movie as I go to sleep.  :)

Well, the dogs are barking like mad so I guess I will go.  Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D