Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dragging and uncomfortable

I'm trying to get going today, but so far it's a no go.  I was up at about 10:30 which is good but I'm tired.  Mostly because I got to bed late doing some housing research.  I overslept to get oldest on the bus because my darn alarm clock still isn't working, and due to my cycle, I am very uncomfortable.  Yesterday, I was lighter and manageable but by the middle of the night, it was heavy and I was having horrible cramps.  I slept with the heating pad for most of the night and took meds.  Then hubby rubbed my lower back trying to help me and give me relief because I was hurting so much I couldn't sleep.  So... I'm dragging.  I have so many things I want to do and get going on, but I am terribly tired.  So for now, I am thinking it is a 'take it easy' day.  I haven't had one of those in a while and I don't mentally feel prepared for one but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

You know, maybe I'll work on bills.  I've been working on them and getting them all organized and working out the next phase of getting things paid off.  Our goal before moving is to have as little debt as possible.  I would really like to pay off anything and everything that isn't tied to the house and maybe one or two that are.  That way, when we go to sell the house we pay off it's things and have nothing left but the car.  If we clear a decent amount, we could even pay off the car.  But I'm not really worried about it as the payment is low, the interest is REALLY low, and we are currently very right side up on it.  If we were to trade or sell, we'd make money.  And that's a very good thing!  :D  But for now, we have a few odds and ends that we need to take care of first.  We have so far paid off about 5k.  We have about another 4k.  I'm pleased with that number!  If things go well, we have about another 4k that I would 'like' to pay off but it's tied to the house so if we don't, it will be paid when we sell.  So, it's not at the top of my important list.  I'd much rather focus on paying off the first 4k and bulking our savings.  It's paltry right now.  :/  I'd really like to get it above 5k so we will see.  I'm also thinking of using one of our unused accounts for building up some savings, but we will see.  So much to do.  I really should sit down with pencil and paper and get it figured out soon.  Yes, I know there are programs that do it, but I work better when I figure it out by hand. Seeing it and working it out myself really helps me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D