Thursday, September 4, 2014

Continuing

Hello fellow bloggers!  Thought I would jump on here for a few before I really get started with my day.  Because, well, it's going to probably be a busy day.  We are either going to go run errands like crazy or going to work on a project or four.  lol  So, I wanted to post a little something now or I know I wouldn't get to it again for a day or so.  Of course, my 'little somethings' always turn into long ass blogs.  Sorry about that, friends.  I just get on a roll and well... it's hard to stop.  HA!

Anyways, I have been continuing the decluttering of my life.  I feel like I've been cleaning up a bunch of loose ends and making progress.  It started with a few people on FB, then moved to removing myself as Admin.  Now, I've cleaned my friend's list down under 200 and my feed is SO. MUCH. BETTER.  I can actually get on, catch up, and be off in just a few minutes.  It's really nice!  I ended up deleting a few groups, too.  And changing settings.  That felt so good that I decided that I needed to clean up my email some.  I went through and 'unsubscribed' to a BUNCH of things.  Don't get me wrong, I love coupons and things, but I can look them up pretty easily and the abundance of email was getting overwhelming.  I then decided that it was time to start doing some physical purging and that is where I busted out the area underneath my stairs.  Not only did I pull everything out of there, but I fixed the rugs, vacuumed ALL of it, and only put the things back that we MIGHT need over the next couple of months.  I need to finish that today, but overall, the progress was good.  I kinda want to spend the day doing that kind of stuff.  The garage, which is our work area, has gotten really out of control over the last few weeks.  And right now, apparently what I need is things put back to simple and easing my stress.  I guess that means I should be finding time for exercise, but so far, no go.  I'm staying 'busy', but not formally working out.  Although, the last two days weren't too active with sick kiddos. 

I just want to continue the simplification.  I want to keep moving away from the jumble.  I realize there will be times of jumble, but right now, I feel good getting things in line.  I'm feeling more peaceful and less stressed.  Hubby and I had a long talk about our plans, and I think that helped, too.

On another note, the scale isn't moving.  My cals have been under every week of Aug. except for the first couple of days since we were out of town.  But since then, my weekly average is not only where it should be, but a bit under.  But no loss this week.  Actually, up a pound to 175.5.  UGH.  I'm not even sure why other than with the illness, I haven't been sleeping well.  And hubby was on nights so it was up to me to be with the kiddos.  Which is fine, but I just don't sleep well which makes me feel yucky.  I think we are getting to where working shift work is a major pain in the ass.  But that's all I have with that.  Damn scale!  For the last 3 days, I've been over.  No, I take that back.  I was under last night.  But the two days before I was over but not by much.  I rounded up on my dessert.  So, one day it shows over by almost 200 and the next day 90 something.  But I was probably only over by like, 60.  But I like to round up on home-made stuff since it's harder to measure stuff like cake.  After not losing last week and being well under, I'm not really happy.  I'm not setting myself up for failure this week, I just had a really hungry day one day and like I said, rounded up another.  So, already, I don't expect a loss this week, either.  :/  I just don't get what happened last week.  I guess it's just the normal ups and downs.  I find it really frustrating to lose so well for a week or two and then BAM.  Stall out.  Today is the 4th, so I have less than 20 days to the first day of Fall and I just don't think I'm going to meet my goal.  I just don't think I can lose 6lbs. in 20 days.  That bums me out.  It isn't the end of the world, though.  I can keep going.  And try... really TRY not to let one week of no loss drive me crazy.  My body always seems to get right here and then refuse to move lower.  Which has be convinced that an article I read a while back was completely valid.  It basically said that our body stalls out at certain weights because that is a remembered weight and it likes it there.  So, you have to hold out longer and harder to move past it.  So, I have to hold out over the next couple of weeks and get past this.  If I can get lower and move out of the 170's, it will adjust.  But getting past this little area of 173 to 176 is always an issue for me.  I need to try to be aware and thoughtful of it and stay the course.

 I think it's time I got off of here and got to work.  This garage is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D