Wednesday, November 19, 2014

18 days

It's been about 18 days since my last post.  SO SORRY!  I've just been sick.  For a whopping 9 days.  Well, 8.  Today is day 9 and I'm finally starting to feel human again.  I got the same cold as the kiddos, but mine moved down into my chest and was turning into either bronchitis or pneumonia.  But I managed to head it off, I believe, and I am finally on the mend.  I WANT to get up and do ALL THE THINGS, but I know that I should ease back into it and not over-do it.  I'm bad for that.   I think that is what got me to this point anyways.  You see, I got sick and then started feeling better after just a few days so I got up and got to work.  I cleaned and did so much around here and the house was so good!  And then I woke up the next day feeling worse than ever.  :/  So now, I want to do things, but I am moving easy.  Today is my first day of starting to get back into routine.  I've done the whole get the kiddos off and whatnot.  So now I'm catching up on blogs and things.  Then I'm going to work on some house things for a couple of hours and then I'll take a break.  I don't want to over-do today.  I need to make sure I clear this out. 

So, other than being sick, nothing major has been going on.  We've steadily worked on projects and things, but nothing has been finished.  The weather turned bitterly cold, so nothing has been done outside.  And with being sick, all of the other projects are sitting around halfway done.  It is what it is.  On top of that, I've just not felt very social.  I'm not sure why.  I guess it's just that I don't feel like putting forth much effort in social situations.  It feels pointless. 

Well, I guess I should get off of here and be productive.  I did stop for about 20mins. to update the budget binder.  Our budget has been on my mind a lot lately.  We've been tweaking and making adjustments.  We are pretty close to having everything that we had hoped to be paid off this year paid off.  The only balance on the Visa is the one charge that we used on our house hunting trip that they wouldn't take AmEx.  The AmEx has a decent balance on it, but I am working on getting it back down.  And the last card we used when working on the house is under 2k.  I have the money in savings to pay both of those off and the temptation is great.  Mostly because I know clearing those off would make me feel SO GOOD.  There would even be money left over.  But I am reluctant to touch the money in savings.  Even though the reality is if we had an 'emergency', I wouldn't end up using that money.  I would use the card.  I like the points and I like the security.  Granted, the money would then be there to pay whatever the issue was, but I'm not sure it matters here or there.  I use to worry about having a large savings account because our friends did.  I use to think here they have thousands in there and we have squat in comparison.  But now I don't feel that way so much.  Now I feel it is more important to have debt paid off, a good HSA, a good retirement, etc.  Cash just sitting there for the sake of sitting there isn't doing much.  And I honestly don't see the point. 

Hmmm.... I guess I can ponder over it a bit more.  It's the end of the year so I realize that part of me just wants this done to wrap up the year.  With them paid off, I would be moving on to the next larger item on my list.  That would be our water system.  After that, the only things left are the car and the HVAC loan that is tied to the house.  I'm not worried about either.  But maybe it is better to leave some moola in savings.... even if we never use it?  I'm not sure.  I just feel like it would be put to better use to pay off debt than siting there.  I know Dave Ramsey suggests a cash emergency fund.  We've had one for a long time -- we've just never used it.  Guess I will discuss it with the hubby.

Ok.  Off I go for real this time.  I really need to knock out some work in the next couple of hours.  I won't push it and like I said, I already got one thing done.  Progress!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D