Thursday, November 20, 2014

Better than Nothing

Yesterday ended up being an ok day.  As I mentioned before I signed off, I managed to get bills paid and my regular bank register caught up and balanced.  I also managed to do the FB thing and my blog.  Not only writing it, but catching up on the ones posted.  My email is pretty caught up, too.  LOL  My kitchen is in better shape AND I made a good dinner. 

That was AFTER I spent somewhere around 4hrs. cleaning downstairs.  My downstairs has been a wreck for a while.  I've been using that space to sort, pack, etc.  And with hubby working on the bathroom.... it's just gotten out of hand.  So, I cleaned it up.  I even managed to get a good vacuum on most of it.  But all of the sorted stuff has been put back, the moving stuff moved to the office, and the toys sorted.  I did it slowly taking my time, but I got a lot done.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it is much improved.  I also need to get that bathroom straight.  I realize it is 'under construction', but it is driving me bonkers.  I think if I can get down there this afternoon and just straighten it and sweep, it will help my mentality a bunch. 

I've also come to the conclusion that I need to permanently put the downstairs in my rotation.  And not at the bottom of it.  I often do the upstairs and think, well, I do the downstairs later.  That isn't working.  So, I'm going to start trying to dedicate one day a week just to the downstairs first.  Maybe two days.  I think doing down there first, I will be able to keep it under control.  Maybe do that area the day I do laundry or something.  But it needs to become a part of the regular rotation and not an afterthought. 

I am also thinking of working on some little fun money projects.  I'm not sure I want to talk about it or not.  Not sure it will pan out to be anything.  But I guess we will see.  Just something fun for me to do that might bring in a bit of extra income.  I guess we will see.  I'll post about it later if it amounts to anything at all. 

But first, I have to say that I am still trying to recover.  I am VERY tired from doing stuff yesterday.  I had a terrible time trying to get up and going this AM even though I was in bed early for me -- right before midnight.  I took it easy after dinner and only cleared the dinner dishes.  And so far this morning, I'm taking it easy.  Although, I realize that I've done the morning routine.  It was easy.  Back to my point, I am VERY tired.  I don't see me pushing it today. 

Well, I better get rolling.  I want to get a few things done.  I hope I can but like I said, I won't be pushing it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, no dangling carrots! Now I am dying of curiosity about what your money project is.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D