Saturday, December 27, 2014

Blog Flood

Looks like I'm flooding the feed today posting all of these here blogs.  Not like I'm not doing things.  LOL  I've cleaned the whole kitchen, picked up the house some, straightened, moved some things of the attic and posted them online.  Even made a sale!  But I seem to be on my booty a lot today, too.  Not sure why that is.  I think it's because I'm tired from the holidays but I have things to do so I'm bouncing between doing something and then sitting.  Right now, I'm sitting.  But even being on FB for a measly 5mins made me aggravated.  Why?  Because it is THAT time of year. 

Yes, it is THAT time of year.  It's soon to be the beginning of the new year and already, the feed is becoming filled with people talking of their beloved diet plans and extreme workouts.  And already, I feel like screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I just hate it.  I'm going to end up blocking some people for the next month or two just to keep from going insane.  I just can't stand the product pushing.  I get it.  You LOOOOVE your Advocare or you love your Crossfit.  But the thing is, I get SICK TO DEATH of seeing it.  I literally want to stab my eyeballs.  I just hate it so much.  If you want to go extreme, that's your digs and you do your thing.  But for the love of all that is good and wonderful in the world, don't delude yourself into thinking that particular thing is the end all be all of health and is absolutely necessary for anyone and everyone to get to whatever their goal is.  And for the record, also remember that not everyone else's goals are yours or yours are everyone else's. 

As you all know, that last part is a sensitive thing for me.  Probably always will be.  I have ZERO intention of ever being considered thin or being any kind of athlete.  I just want to be a bit thinner than I am and healthier.  I highly doubt I will ever be anyone's ideal.  But it's where I'm happy and feel good and I don't need anyone telling me that if I would just do THIS program or drink THIS shake or whatever that I could have this killer body.  Whatever.  That's not my goal.  I want to be a bit lower in weight (probably 25lbs from where I am right this second) and be in a bit better shape.  If that's what you want, that's great but please don't attempt to bully or berate me because I choose to not want to live that way.  I don't want to obsessively 'diet' or drink specialty drinks.  I don't want to label foods as good or evil.  I don't want to work out insanely.  I just want to be balanced and happy.  I won't pick on you if you will leave me be.... and not flood my feed with that garbage.  BLECH. 

You know, I think that is why I quit doing resolutions.  It seems like people set them at the beginning of the year, get all gung ho over their products and go crazy, and then sometime in Feb. they have given it all up.  I wonder how many people fail simply because they believe the products or programs failed?  I know I was guilty of it.  Although, I never really publicly discussed the things I did except for on here or my previous blogs.  I just never wanted to.  I guess I just thought that if someone noticed I was doing well and they asked, I would mention it then.  Otherwise, I didn't want to flood my feed with it.  But already, just in the last couple of weeks, I'm already seeing the Shakeology and P90X and Crossfit stuff.  UGH.  NO. THANKS.  Not my cup of tea.  I'm sure my body/life isn't what they want either and that's fine. 

Anyways, I'm not going to let it drive me crazy.  I'm just going to block those folks off of my feed for a bit since I know I'm sensitive to it.  Overly so.  And I don't feel like feeling crazy right at the moment.  I want to appreciate where I am, stay positive, and move forward.

1 comment:

  1. I just read last years posts about resolutions that I wrote, and got a good laugh. I'm going to link them in a new blog, because they are pretty satisfying even a year later. I was officially done with EVER making another weight loss resolution last year, and am still proud of that milestone. Instead I listed things like "have great sex" and "eat a brownie with raspberries." Done and done!
    My resolutions this year will likely be similar. "Don't drop my baby due to exhaustion" will be at the top of the list. Some things are wayyyyyyy more important than flimsy weight loss goals. Like, seriously, everything.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D