Saturday, December 27, 2014

Focus

While I'm trying to get into the grove of eating better and being more active again, what is my main focus?  I would say with the thought of moving, the purging of stuff and the cleaning out of freezer and pantry are my main focus.  Plus debt.  And they do overlap.  With trying to eat the things that are here, that doesn't always equal the healthiest and most balanced meals if I just jump into it.  So, I'm trying to be creative with that.  It's helping the budget because all we are buying at the store is fresh items like veggies, fruit, and dairy.  Also, less eating out.  LOL  All of it ties together in the grand scheme.  I'm just trying to do my best. 

Right now, I want to get the upstairs freezer cleaned out and then move some things up from the downstairs freezer.  I've been doing it slowly.  But it's working!  I also want to get the attic cleaned out soon.  I made great progress on the other spaces but somehow it keeps creeping back into the garage.  :/  I'm NOT happy about that seeing as how that is my work area.  But I guess it makes sense because usually that is where things go that have no other home.  It has the most space.  I guess it's just annoying me that right now, that space is crammed full again!  It's cold!  I have no where to work!  UGH. 

I guess this means that I have to do something.  I either have to figure out a solution to make the garage usable so I can get things done or I have to attempt to take over another space.  And I should probably put the attic on hold.  But I don't want to do any of that.  I want to find a way to make the garage work.  If I could finish a few projects, then it would be cleared out.  But I can't finish projects because it is cold.  UGH.  And there is no way to heat it without it costing a small fortune.  Where I ran it so much last month, the electric was already about $30 higher.  I guess I have to find a different space.  AARGH.  So much to do and no way to do it.  :/  The one space I CAN work on right now is the attic because that stuff will either go straight to storage or straight to donation/trash.  No in between.  Maybe I should do that and then the office?  Once the office is done, I could work in there....  Hmmm....

In the meantime, I am working on getting my food back in order and I'm going to really try to be more active.  Winter is a hard time for me.  I hate it.  I hate the cold, the drear, the lack of sunshine and short days.  Nothing about it appeals to me at all.  :/  So, today, I'm back to counting those cals and going to try to get in a few workouts.  It's all I can do.  And like I said, I'll get an accurate weight to end out the year in the next few days. 

I guess I'm busy with a lot.  LOL  It sounds like a lot, but it's slow and well... boring.  Boring in real life and day to day.  But that's ok.  Progress.  Off I go now to attempt to do something.  What, I'm not sure since there is so much.  But... something.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D