Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cleaning

Deep cleaning the playroom, aka purging for everything we are worth, is an exercise in patience.  I was quickly running out and the husband was right there.  But we mostly pushed through.  The kiddos got tired and wandered off when the big questions had been asked.  We made sure to tell them that 'He who does not clean, does not get a choice!'  LOL  We didn't purge anything major.  We asked them what they wanted/needed to keep and what they were done with.  There is only one issue right now and that is one of those play workbenches.  Kiddo INSISTS that it is played with but I haven't seen it.  I'm thinking that needs to be sold.  Yup.  Hubby says we should donate, but every bit at this point helps to pay off any remaining debts. 

Right now, I feel like progress is moving along steadily.  I finished up the last of the paint for the top cabinets today.  They will need to dry really well for the next couple of days and then mounted.  After that, all that is left is the island doors/drawers and the pantry.  I got them crease primed (I spray the creases where the wood meets to see where the gaps are), caulked, and are now drying.  Hopefully in the next day or two, I can get those primed.  Two coats of primer, a decent sand, and then 2 coats of paint and any touch-ups and done.  I'm not sure when it will happen, but it's happening.  OH YES.  Eventually.  HA!

It has been a sort of emotionally draining day for me.  I took all I could take and had a tiny meltdown.  Ok, a big meltdown.  That whole saying of no one takes Mom seriously until she flips her shit happens to be oh so true here.  I didn't plan it.  I actually held my temper well for a while!  I just.. snapped.  Everyone has apologized and all of that, but I'm absolutely worn out.  Wine and cider just haven't made a dent in my emotional pit.  Hopefully I will feel a bit better in the near future.  I think it's just a part of the normal ups and downs.  I think I'm anxious.  I worked out yesterday, but I didn't today.  I'm just too tired to even think about working out to relieve my anxiety.  I need to add back the pilates to the cardio.  Maybe I can do that tomorrow.  Maybe I will do both.  I guess we will see how tomorrow works.

I'm not sure what we will be doing tomorrow.  Tomorrow really should be a day of more project work, but I'm waiting to see how my Stinky will feel.  He has had a bad cough at night and coughing in the AM.  Classic symptoms of croup.  I kept him home today, but he was fine after some meds.  But... not sure if he should go to school.  I will think on it and see how tomorrow goes.  I hate for him to miss.  Especially since Friday is his V-day party.  But... I hate for him to pick anything up on top of this.  I've heard the tummy virus is going around.  Geez... seems like it's hit a lot of folks this year.  I mean, I can't worry about it.  Can't hide out at home.  I guess we'll see what happens in the AM.  It's in God's hands. 

So, I guess that means that tomorrow is up in the air.  Laundry, other than the last two baskets I need to fold, is done.  WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Dishes are caught up.  I'm just not sure what tomorrow will be or bring.  I guess we will see.  I should do some sewing.  I'm seriously behind.  *sigh*  I will see how I feel and what the day brings.  Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D