Friday, February 13, 2015

Progress, not Perfection

Safire, aka Grace, over at Grace Dishes posed the question of which quote inspires you.  Mine has been, and probably will be for the rest of my life, "Progress, not Perfection".  I can't remember who originally posted that phrase, but I know it was over at 3FC when I first heard it and it stuck.  I heard it when I was sort of down, and I NEEDED a positive affirmation.  Anyways, since that day, I've had it in my head to always be making little progressions to being better rather than trying to achieve perfect by my (or anyone else's) standards.  I've realized, that it doesn't take anything drastic to achieve goals.  You don't have to do specialty shakes, specialty workout programs, become Vegan or even starve yourself and work out for 4hrs. a day.  Not that you can't do those things if you want.  Except the starve thing -- that's not really a good idea.  My point is, you just have to make changes.  Make progress.  Keep moving.  And not get mired down in the details.

Cause I'm a mired in the details kind of gal, that concept is hard for me at times.  But I try.  :)  That's all any of us can do.

The last few days have been high calorie wise.  I've done a LOT of cleaning, projects, and etc.  I keep telling myself that, today I need a REST day.  But so far, that hasn't happened.  Like now, I'm trying to sit here and all I can think about is cleaning.  Yup.  And painting.  But I know, for the sake of my health and sanity, I should take a break.  My hands and arms hurt pretty bad.  So, I KNOW I need the break.  They, and my brain, feel... heavy.  Yup.  Heavy is the right word.  I want to dust and vacuum, and the rest I will make wait.  I need to.  I have to!  Or I won't be any good for anything else this weekend.  I don't have anything planned, but if I'm exhausted, I can't do anything.  So, only dusting and vacuuming the upstairs and foyer today.  And water.  Lots and lots of water.  And catching up my food diary.  I'm a bit behind.  I think I did breakfast yesterday, then nothing.  Thankfully, I was busy so not much was done in the random eating dept.  I did have a bit of candy, but I had that at snack time, so I counted it as that. 

I guess that is it.  I think I'm going to play a bit on the ol' Xbox and then go ahead and vacuum then dust.  And attempt to only do that when I am itching to do other stuff.  LOL  Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D