Monday, February 23, 2015

Snow Days

All of last week we were out of school for 'snow days'.  I'm just about ready to hurt the person who prayed for snow.  I. AM. OVER. IT.  I'm ready for it to be clear.  I'm ready to be able to have SOME sunshine, I'm ready for the rugrats to be IN SCHOOL!  UGH.  I should be glad and some part of me is.  I'm glad they got some time off to rest and enjoy a real snow day before the big move.  But now I'm ready for this mess to be OVER.  I get that seasonal sad stuff so I'm in desperate need of some sun and fun. 

Anyways, I pretty much spent the last week stuck in the house in my pj's hanging with the kids.  I completely let go of weighing, tracking, etc.  And then I realized that I just wasn't ready to do that again.  I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't do it.  I'm not sure why other than I am in a funk.  I should check old blogs some time and see if this is normal for me.  I'm thinking it is.  But last week I just couldn't find the motivation.  And the week before that, even though I was tracking, I wasn't doing anything real.  I did track, I did workout some, but... it was all half assed.  Tracking but not staying in cals.  Working out was good, I will admit that.  But my heart wasn't in it.  I just couldn't seem to remember to weigh, either.  All in all, I just couldn't... get into it.  I'm not sure why.  But I call it a bust. 

So, this week, today actually, I decided to stop trying to make it so damn hard.  I watched my food but rather than the whole day, I just focused on trying to keep each meal at around 400 and snacks at 200.  Yup.  My old fall back.  I'm not going to focus on MFP or on weighing or any of that.  I'm going to do the best I can and just let go of the rest.  I'm just not ready for anything else.  I just won't do it right now.  So, the old fall back it is.  Better that than giving up.  I'm not sure when I'll have a check in, but for now... it is what it is.  I know I'll either get really upset and frustrated, or really happy and excited, and will report again.  LOL

Otherwise, things house wise are rolling right along.  I've purged a few more things.  I did buy two things, but they weren't things I had been purging.  Although, one was a strainer.  I hated the old one and then asked myself one day, WHY AM I KEEPING THIS THING I HATE?  So, I bought a bigger version of the small one I loved, donated the one I hated, and now instead of having a bunch of random strainers I don't like, I have two strainer/colanders that I LOOOOOVE.  I have one more to chuck, but I can't remember where I put it.  Maybe it's already gone!  LOL  Anyways, I've been purging away.  Cleaning away.  Project doing away.  I finished up 5 sewing projects yesterday along with one jewelry project and I was REALLY happy with that.  I'm not a great seamstress, but I do decent repairs.  And the truth is, I probably save a ton!  And with the jewelry, it's the same.  Except, I'm sorta good at that.  I wouldn't do it to make money, but I enjoy doing it for myself when there is something I want and I can't quite find what I'm looking for. 

All in all, trying to make the best of the time stuck in the house.  Trying to be productive and not let the SAD take over my life.  Trying to just... get through.  I guess that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D