Sunday, March 22, 2015

FAT

Yup.  That's how I feel lately.  Not just with a capital 'F' but with allllllll the capitals!

With so much going on, once again, my health and weight have fallen to the back burner.  I knew with this trip, because we were staying in a hotel, we would eat out quite a bit or eating easily portable snacks.  Our hotel had a lovely coffee center and free breakfast so we took advantage of that quite a bit.  We did go out to eat, but we tried to snag all of our coffee and snacks there and at least a couple of breakfasts.  We also tried to pay cash for a few meals.  I still hate to see the credit card statement now.  :/

Anyways, with eating out so much, I knew any progress that I had made over the last couple of weeks of trying to watch my portions better would go out the window.  And sure enough, I woke up and weighed this AM.  Yes, I did get my cycle over vacation and I am barely over that plus I bloat when traveling, but still.  I need a starting point and today was as good a day as any to get on it.  186.  I. Could. Cry.  No joke.  But there is no time for that.  Basically a 10lb. gain.  I have to quit ignoring my weight and health just because other stuff is going on.  And yes, I did just get home last night, but today is back to it day.  No putting it off.  No saying I don't have the motivation or whatever.  Just gotta shut up and do it, for heaven's sakes. 

So, already my little notebook is out and I'm making notes of what and how much I eat and running the numbers.  I'm not sure if I will do that or MFP or what, but either way I'm taking notes and paying attention.  Just gotta suck it up and do it.  Just like with everything else.  I've been ignoring my own advice of moderation.  I've not done any dieting or working out at all -- that's not moderation.  I've ignored myself!  How stupid is that? 

I guess that is all for now.  It's taken me a bit to 'mind dump' all of this and now, now I should get up from here and do a few things.  Thankfully, while we were gone, I shut up most of the house to keep the animals out, so the vast majority of the house is in decent shape.  Especially since I cleaned well before we left.  But the fridge is a mess, the litter is full, and I need to unpack and do this and that.  All that fun stuff! Plus, let's get real, I need to work out.  I need to burn a few calories, get my stress under control, and stop putting it off.  So, off I go!

1 comment:

  1. I felt that way after the cruise and almost avoided the scale but Jason jumped on it so I did too. I'm almost done reversing the gain and I'm sure not all of your gain is REAL weight but water bloat.

    Let's keep each other motivated xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D