Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Easy

Whenever I try to take it easy, I never can.  Why is that?  Why is it that I say I'm going to be lazy and have a rest day and then BAM.  I have a huge burst of energy and think, I'm gonna get this DONE.  Cause that's what I did yesterday.  YUP.  I ended up moving everything away from the walls, giving it a gooooooood vacuum, and then going through and securing any loose trim.  We had a few areas that didn't attach good because we ran out of brad nails.  So, I did that first.  Then I finished some quarter round because I am the SHIT at using a miter box!  After THAT, I went through and puttied any holes and caulked it all.  YUP.  My family room, other than a splash of paint, is DONE. 

Not sue when I will get to paint.  Maybe this weekend?  No idea.  Right now, showings have slowed down so I'm not really sure WHAT to expect.  But I know that I don't want to wait and put things off only to have to rush to try to get things done later.  I'd rather just deal with it now.  One of the things I've put off is organizing papers in the office.  I probably should do that soon... they aren't going to organize themselves.  The issue is... I packed up a lot of the stuff I needed!  I know where it is, though, and it's not that big a deal to get it back out.  I just know I need to purge it down some and get new files made and all-in-all just get it in better shape.  They are all in one or two places (a file box and a basket) so I need to consolidate them all into one place.  I know one reason I have put it off is because shredding takes FOREVER.  So, I end up doing a little bit here, and a little bit there, then some more... until I get burned out and QUIT!  I wish some place around here allowed you to just walk in, throw your documents in and watch them shred/burn up and go on!  I'm thinking of having a fire just so I don't have to shred!  LOL

Let's see... what else is going on?  I can't decide what to do with my hair.  Last time, I cut off a good four inches, died the blonde ombre red, and touched up the roots with dark brown.  I liked it for about 6weeks, but now we are back at square one.  I'm not sure what to do.  I like my hair, but I am sick to death of it in it's current state.  I'm thinking of going back to dark blackish brown.  ALL OVER.  and only doing a cut on the very ends.  I like the length of the layers... I just want some length off.  So, I'm going to do what I did last time, but a bit different.  I think I am going to do the pony, but put it to the back of my head.  Then I'm going to go a few inches past the shortest layer and snip into it.  I'm hoping that will give me the length I want, but leave a few longish layers.  I guess we will see.  I just need a change and I don't want that change to be tons of layers.  I think that is why it has annoyed me so much.  When it's just long, I can do all sorts of things with it, but with the layers, they fight going back and poke out.  So, I think I'm going to nip off a decent amount and go to one color for the Summer.  I'm tired of the multi-colors and the blonde and the red.  I'm even a bit sick of the brown.  Time for something simple, I think. 

As for working out, I never did yesterday unless you count all that moving of things, vacuuming, mopping (twice!), installation, etc.  And I do but I don't.  I need formal workouts.  So, I'm thinking I'm just going to get to it and do it.  Yup.  I'm just going to plan on working out every week day.  I can't just be like, "If I feel like it."  Nope.  Just gotta force myself into this habit.  Today will be after I get G from school.  I'm thinking I'll get him home, situated, and then get'er done.  I am going to do Stronglifts again, but starting out just with bar and go from there.  Since that is only 3 days a week, the other two will be just pilates or whatever.  But I need to make it a point and a part of my day.  But I need to figure out a way to track it.  I think that is what is killing me.  I have a notebook down there, but I feel like I'm  not tracking well.  I don't want to post it on here because BORING... but not sure what else to do.  If we weren't moving, I'd put a white board or chalk board down there!

Not much else is going on other than that.  I probably should be doing something now, but I knew I didn't have long until I need to go get youngest.  So, it just made sense to do this now.  I still have a bit before I go, but this is all I have for now.  Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D