Monday, May 11, 2015

Nothing Much

Not much is going on around here, so that is why I haven't been blogging much.  I'm not even sure if it is worth blogging anymore because I don't think I even have any followers anymore.  I rarely get comments, suggestions, or any of that.  And honestly, I'm not really surprised as this has become more like an electronic journal than a typical blog.  I write about a variety of things, but nothing really spectacular. 

Anyways...

Nothing big going on here.  Things are still the same as they were before, all considered.  The house has not sold.  I have not worked out or gotten on any kind of plan or routine, hubby is still enjoying his job, etc.  We ARE staying on top of the house most days and we are wrapping up the end of the school year.  All things together are keeping me busy.  Since finishing the quarter round, I've not really knocked out any projects. 

I guess that isn't really super true.  I DID shampoo the living room rug.  It needed it SO bad.  It looks much better.  Not perfect, but better!  I also have been doing little things like I brought up the grill.  I cleaned the little work table beside the shed, and we burned off a lot of the random pieces of wood laying around that were making the yard look cluttered. There are still 3 pieces left, but the one is in good shape and could be used to replace one of the warped fence poles.  The other two pieces I am going to use to make some kid seating around the fire pit to use up some more scraps.  If the new owners don't want them, they are welcome to burn them.  LOL  I am also going to try to make a better cover for the sand box.  The cover that is there is too loose and ugly.  So, I'm going to pull the tarp off and stretch it out.  Check it's condition and then probably fold it up and then put in grommets.  Then I'm going to take some old cup hooks I have, clear coat them, and put them down low close to the ground to hook the grommets.  If I don't use the hooks, I will screw in some wood pieces to hook around.  One way or the other, I'm going to have to make a better cover.  What we have is NOT working.

All in all, I've just been trying to work on little things here and there.  Nothing that was on my list, but things that I had been wanting to do.  I need to get back to the list and finish it out.  I think it's only about 20 things right now, which isn't bad at all!  I just need to do it.  Easier said that done.  LOL  I've been thinking that now would be a good time to get all of my files in order.  And my books.  And movies.  All things like that.  We've purged a lot of things, but that is the stuff that has been put off.  Right this minute, I have two full boxes of just papers.  I need to get that under control even if only a little bit, ya know?

On a good note, I've still been plucking away at our pantry/freezer challenge.  I'm going to work on the fruit this week since I have possibly developed a sinus infection.  So, time to flood the ol' system with fruits, veggies, and yogurt to knock this mess out.  And since I have an abundance of bananas at this point, it's as good a time as any.  I did compost two bananas this week, but they just got ripe so fast this time... it sorta snuck up on me.  And they were just too soft to save.  I think we were so focused on eating other things, that just sort of fell to the side.  BUT, we've been using up a lot.  I did have to buy a few things, but we've used a LOT!  My downstairs freezer is really empty.  It's kinda unreal...  There is one box of bananas, one box of meat, one of veggies, and then one of random pre-cooked meats.  Then we have some fries, a turkey, and wontons.  I'm not a HUGE fan of the wontons, but I am thinking that I will make them soon just to eat them up.  I need to go through the pantry again and see what all is there.  I also need to go back over my freezer list and update it.  I'm thinking a large part of my pantry would be trashed if I waited until moving day, so I want to do it a little at a time.  I know that a few things in there were bought with the best of intentions, just never used.  We will see, I guess.

So, that's it.  I've been pretty boring lately.  But now, now I think I want to work on my lists and pantry until my friend drops by.  If she drops by.  LOL  No better time than the present, right?  So, off I go.  Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D