Wednesday, May 20, 2015

No News... isn't always good

Yeah... that whole, "No news is good news" is bullshit.  No news is just annoying.  :/  And that is where we are right now.  I thought moving the last time sucked, but this is sucking harder.  UGH.

As you may have guessed, things on the house front are not going too well.  We had our second walk through, but the couple passed.  No clue why.  I asked our realtor, and I hope she got some sort of feedback.  If not, well, we just won't know.  And usually, that is how it goes so I'm not upset.  But I had REALLY hoped for an offer.  On top of that, we had to fire our FL realtors.  They just weren't getting the job done.  They weren't listening.  And as a result, we didn't get the house there.  Mostly because by the end, we didn't trust what they were saying so we've just had to walk away.

So, now we are back at square one.  We're still living apart.  We're still in this house.  We still have no where to go.  And now whether I want to or not, I'm a wee bit panicked about if this house doesn't sell, what are we going to do.  Hubby refuses to really talk it over in a rational manner at this point.  Which is super frustrating to me and just ends up making me angry.  He keeps saying we will just refinance and then buy a cheaper transition place down there.  But on his current pay, that just isn't an option now.  We just can't afford it.  Not even with a refinance.  Maybe if we sold our car and got something cheaper or paid it off.  But right now, I'm not interested in paying any more debt off.  I'm just trying to get by.  I want to make sure all the regular bills are paid.  And so far, so good.  I'm getting better and better at the lower budget.  I'm making it a point.  I need to double check our spending for this month, but I think I've gotten us back on point this week.  I was very careful this last time and didn't spend any extra.  I think I kept it in check enough that I balanced out the first half of slight over spending. 

Anyways, his lack of wanting to deal with the situation is bugging me.  He just isn't getting that our budget is on the tight side.  I don't regret the change.  But the reality is that our budget is almost half of what it use to be and we have to ALL accept that.  We just don't have the money to spend willy nilly.  We have savings right now, but if we go over every week and every month, that will be eaten up pretty darn quick.  And we don't want that.  I'm thinking if the house doesn't sell, we can refinance, but I think our best option would be to take the house back off of the market and stay.  Will it be hard?  Yes.  But I'm not willing to just keep this running and be forced to drop the price to a crazy low amount.  We can't do that.  We've put too much into it.  So, I guess we don't get a good offer by August, I think we should pull it and refinance.  It will be hard to live apart, but we will just have to do it.  I worry it will ruin our marriage.  That is my big fear.  I know military families do it all the time.  But as an ex military family, we also know the divorce rate is VERY high....

I just don't see any other options that are realistic.  I did tell him we could leave this one on the market, move down into something cheaper, and I would go back to work.  But it would have to be a rental because no one is going to give us a loan even with a refinance.  Which means not only do I need to get rid of a lot of 'things', but I will have to re-home our pets.  We've tried before.... I don't know that we will be able to.  So, that's an issue, finding a rental is an issue.  ETC.  ALL. ISSUES.  Really, him staying where he is, is our cheapest and easiest option.  Yes, it's an extra $500/mo, but that's cheaper than anything that we could rent for all of us.  Plus, that includes all of his utilities.  That is already a huge drain on our finances.  We are already dipping into savings by about $300/mo.  It's hard.  I don't think he gets it.  It was nice his check was slightly larger than we had budgeted for, but only by about $50/check.  Which will be eaten up by insurance once that is added.  But at that amount, we are still short the $150 every two weeks.  I'd say all together, we're short $500/mo.  By the end of Summer (June, July and into August), that will be $1500 from our savings.  :/   I think I will put the budget on One Note for him to see and go from there.  Maybe once he sees it, he will get a better idea of what the issues are.  I know he is anxious to work some overtime but wanted to ease into it.  He's use to working longer hours, so the short schedule, especially with us not there, has been making him restless.  I told him not to go crazy.  He said he just wanted to add an hour or two to his 8 a day.  Nothing huge.  I said that was fine as long as it was fine with his work.  The overtime would help tons and keep us from having to eat into our savings so much. 

All in all, on the house/finance front, nothing good really.  I shouldn't say that.  We are afloat right now so I guess that is good.  I have outside sources bringing in a lot of negativity and I'm trying to deal with that, but it's hard. 

Geez.  Just realized how long this is and how negative.  Guess it's time to bring it to and end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D