Saturday, June 6, 2015

Better

I guess I'm feeling somewhat better tonight.  I got a lot done today.  I got all of the laundry down, sorted, and several loads done.  I picked up the house and got a LOT of straightening done.  I finished cleaning out the second bathroom other than the rod and curtain -- I'm not sure if I should return them, pack them, or leave them.  I also managed to purge the shed, sell several things, and all in all just get a lot of things done.  I'm pretty happy with it!  I had hoped, really hoped, to get the office done, but I just didn't get to it like I had hoped.  Which blows.  But I'm just too tired.  I am going to go down and check laundry in a minute, but other than that, I've been taking it easy.  I am just SO tired from not sleeping well.  UGH.

My one sore spot tonight is that I found a small roach near my washing machine tonight.  Then after the folks who picked up some furniture left, I found a HUGE one.  Now, the small one was on the door of my washer and dead.  The big one was very alive and I managed to catch him.  I'm not sure if he was already in there, or if he came in when both doors were open (the walk through and the garage door).  But... I'm a smidge weirded out.  Now, I'm a pretty darn clean person, but I'm not perfect.  But the thought of those boogers being IN MY HOUSE freaks me out.  I know once they get in, it's a misery to get them out.  Funny thing is, we've been here for YEARS and never seen a smidge and now all of a sudden, they've popped up.  I just hope they are random ones looking for food and were unsuccessful!  Just weirds me out.  BIG TIME.  And now I'm worried because I have boxes stored in the garage and I'm worried there will be bugs in them.  They've only been in there a few weeks, but I'm worried.  I'm thinking of checking them all and moving them back into the house.  Is that stupid? 

I do realize I'm moving to an area where bugs are more rampant.  I do realize I've only seen two.  I'm still wigged out.  From what I've read, all it takes is ONE female roach and BAM.  You can be infested!  I am wigged out central right now.  I just don't understand where they could have come from.  I'm honestly thinking my husband brought them home from FL!  UGH.  I don't know what to do.  I do have boric acid powder that will kill roaches, but I'm not sure where to put it with only seeing one live one.  He was flying, so it was no help.  Apparently the brown banded male cocroaches fly when disturbed.  UGH.  I really hope it was a freak thing of one just flew in...  My skin is crawling just thinking about this. 

Other than that, it was a good day.  I'm trying to unwind and relax and not think about issues and stress.  I just want to get some good sleep, get some things done, and not feel like my brain is a mess, ya know?

Ok, off to pop this laundry back and then snack and bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment -- I love reading them and I try to respond! :D